Norah

18 | she/they | hypothetical astronaut | ekphrastic poet | haunted house

ahhh we love being vulnerable, right? just love it.

carry

9
carry it above your head like furniture or like the caravans along long prairie roads / carry it sweet as new love, doors opening onto the parachutes of our youth; or the hope of being held found in the belly of a foreign city, laughing at its ghosts / carry it on the roof of your mouth like a nonbeliever’s prayer, like the sunset on your shoulders / sweetheart: I will not be the first or last to tell you how I feel, but the wool and warmth of night has wrapped us in her midnight train rides in the musty air, and the walk back home / carry my love like you would carry the child of a friend / carry it like something dear and wanting / my heart is left in the red cavity of my chest, but you hold: my sky, my highway moon, the reeds overlooking the rows of autumn houses, the golden afternoon of me / i am not damaged easily, but i am not blind to the fact that you were always the one who could hurt me most 

• jaii

goddamn fancy poetry pants, this is absolutely beautiful. that last line, just, wow.

• babybluelamentations

ughhhhh beautifulll i literally cannot compliment this lovely piece enough. It flows like warm milk tea through my throat as I read it out loud, i just, I can’t explain in words how smooth this is, and what longing and pain it makes me feel. Love, love, love <3

• Kahte

I loved this!

• Ali S

This is beautiful! Every line from the first to the last is so sweet, and you really managed to capture feeling vulnerable in such a short piece