Dmoral13

mixed
bilingual(ish)
high schooler
attempting to be valedictorian
constantly stressed
likes- really long titles (especially to prose pieces)
joined: sometime in 2018

"I was quiet, but I was not blind." ~J. Austen
"Like all magnificent things, it's very simple." ~N. Babbitt
"In the end, we all become stories." ~M. Atwood
"Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark." ~K. DiCamillo

---BULLETIN BOARD---
Need help with something on WTW?
https://bit.ly/346L7BB

Join my contest (#kickoff):
https://bit.ly/36xG3aT

joined a few other writing websites:
prose (user-Dmoral)
wattpad (User-Dmoral13)

Riddle Me This Batman #deepthought

5
Within myself, I'm dark as night. But around me is nothing but light.
I cannot appear without the sun, but in a sense, I'm quite opposite of what it portrays.
Figuratively, many claim I dance and bath in the night, when literally I can be walking around in the light.
I can be quite like a human, or at least an outline, but nothing close to what they truly are inside.
Kids like to play with me by using their hands, Adults like to ignore me and just roll their eyes.
What am I?
This is for Harlow's contest #deepthought, for prompt #3. Originally I wasn't going to enter this contest because it wasn't really my style, but then figured, I'm a writer-I'm meant to step out of my comfort zone. So yeah, just comment on what you think the answer is and in a couple of days after a fair amount of guesses I'll say who was right. And perhaps the first ten correct guesses right can get a smile prize ;).
Also, don't overthink it. 
P.S.
Just because you see an answer already commented, does NOT mean it was right. Just go with your gut not someone else's answer.
P.P.S
I would be nice to say what part really gave you the answer or helped most to figure it out. But you don't have to, I'm just wondering.

• Boogie With Stu

I figured it was a shadow, but moon was the first thought entered my mind :P

• BurningMidnightOil

I think its a shadow...because of the first few lines...but I could be very, very off...
    Really nice job; I quite like it!

• Julia ♬

My guess is a shadow, mostly because of "I cannot appear without the sun, but in a sense, I'm quite opposite of what it portrays." Great riddle! :)

• Boogie With Stu

I was wondering if it could be the moon? Cause I was thinking about inside itself it is dark but the outside is light, and cannot appear without the sun. But I was confused by being like a human.

• HelpMe512

my guess:
    a shadow?

i guessed that from the line "children play with me using their hands" because shadow puppets. Also, "i can be walking around in the light" because people have shadows when they walk