r|A|i|N

"ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which i will not put."

comment

dehydration / you

21
too often i am somewhere else:

wrapt with loveliness, loneliness,
garments sticky and resolute / reverent .  and how

i love to feel small! 
you

are a desert, dehydration,
my lips red and raw

on my chin, my tongue woolly and dried
between my teeth, sand in my face

bleached and dead / like a whale's remains
in the sweat of the summer.  i am lost

with thirst; i draw maps in your sand, barren
topography vast and

indifferent. 
amidst /

the water vapor laughing and drying
gently on my lips, the blood wilting

under clothed, caked skin.  too often i think i
will die wishing

for you.

2

• The Idiotic Philosopher

Hi, you recently commented on my piece about HDM, and here are the answers to your questions: my favorite book is the Subtle Knife because Will is introduced, and both he and Lyra are happy, and my favorite character is Lee Scoresby! (I hate how they portrayed him in the movie though)

• parachutes_the_idiot

Direct quote from the email “we unpublished the piece you posted as an apology to other users. We appreciate your sentiment and your efforts, but we'd like you and other writers to focus on writing creative pieces rather than conversational or social pieces“

• Norah

yes! I had to read this like twelve times it was so good, especially loved the lines "i draw maps in your sand," and "like a whale's remains in the sweat of summer"

• _nsbb

Thank you for being such a phenomenal writer. I'm truly grateful to be able to see someone so talented publish such abstract yet beautiful pieces on this website. Your writing conjures a variety of colorful images in my head with ease, and by the end of reading it's as if I return from a different world, breathless from what I'd just experienced.
    Thank you again. I hope more people express their appreciation for your writing sooner rather than later, because beauty through writing is hard to express, and you've mastered it with ease.
    Best wishes.

• jaii

wow wow wow this is amazing. you never fail to amaze me with your beautiful writing