elisa

5teen. posts once in a blue moon
communist & survivor & latina & angry

comment don’t like

abby turned to me today in math class and said i wish i didn’t have skin and i suddenly i knew her like judas knew christ

18
and my bones/and my bones/and my bones/are melting into shores of plastic/should i let them go/or fight to keep them under my skin/until rage tears them out

never felt less human before

why isn’t my/skin attached to my body it’s/always coming loose and/spilling my guts all over the floor/and it’s a falling/hazard a falling/hazard/to slip on my diseased lungs

womanhood/makes me feel godless/and skinless and/boneless and eternally afraid/that one day i’ll start screaming and never stop

• BurningMidnightOil

This piece is so beautifully raw and desperate. The way you accent and establish the rhythm does wonders to the piece. I believe it’s your word choice that gives all of us this realness and fear. The repetition of a few lines really further amplifies and showcases your thoughts and emotions. I realise how my comment seems to be sort of roundabout—which I apologise for—but really; this is absolutely phenomenal. Well done:)

• Tushar Mandhan

okay, now I got the meaning of your message to the readers.

• melancholyviolets

this is so good, it just embodies a ton of raw indescribable emotions and perfectly sums them up. great job! :)

• ava09

Wowwowow that title - like damn it's just incredible!!! And the whole piece is just amazing. :)

• loveletterstosappho

writing about organs always hits different somehow. also, this made me think of the part in Girl, Interrupted where she thinks that she isn't a real person, nothing but skin, and tries to peel off her skin to see if she has any bones

• scripturience

dude this is really cool i love it! the title's my favorite part -- what an analogy

• she’s-got-a-story

the title is amazing
    ofc the rest is too but your titles always hit me and this one hit me HARD

• Tushar Mandhan

I wanted to give it a like but I suppose you won't like it.
    I want to know who is Judas. Ofcourse, I can google it but I really believe in the power of words. I kinda curious 'cause I'm tryna write a novel which will include urban legends, Hindu mythology and Christian mythology.

oh my god your title?? is godly?? when you say "like judas knew christ", gods, that's an analogy i'll never be able to match. the sheer, raw (i never could pick just one adjective) emotion thrumming through this piece has left me a little more whole than i was before i read it. have you been reading oscar's writing lately? because this sort of sound like him. and i love it. you're amazing.

• -J

I dont get the reference in the title, but this is a really powerful poem. the first and last lines are amazing.