Autumn.B.Coleman

“But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin.”

― Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

A lover of all things literature, pressed flowers and astronomy, here to attempt to empty my mind on a page.

I Want Goodness, I Want Sin.

PROMPT: Why I Write

0
― Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

I write, because I know no other way to interpret the emotions that sting inside me or the world that buzzes around me. I write, because when I see Orion peering back at me from 1,344 light years away, I feel the need to understand him better. As if by writing, I can relentlessly rip apart all that is known from reality and learn my truth. 
    I write because it is all I know how to do. It is what I understand, it is what makes me me. It is my great love, and I will write until I am unable to pick up a pen again. Until then, I want to make others feel. I will not stop writing what I believe, and in doing so, I wish others to write what they believe as well.