yazzungullo

Morocco

she/they/he | demi | 17 |

peace.

Close Your Eyes #JakeFrommContest20

Elijah Mason opens his sleepy eyes to see her once again. It's close to midnight, and she's dancing at a party; beneath the stars. 

They seem to twinkle and laugh at her, the night sky was swirled with clouds, and the grass is a dewy green. Yet still, no one notices as he looks at her. He knows everything about her, her full name; Mira Bella Jane, how she loves to draw little planets on anything she could get her hands on. He slowly took a sip of his wine, letting the flavors dance on his taste buds. He never drank but, today was different. "Slow down, bud," said his old pal; Aiden. Aiden's laugh rang out like silver bells as he watched Elijah choke on his drink.

"Staring at Mira again?" said Aiden as he gave him a tissue "You're never going to get anywhere if you don't talk to her."  Elijah replied as he wiped his cherry tinted lips and his brown eyes looked hazy; "When the time comes, I will." 

Their conversations always ended like this. "Whatever man." And with that Aiden left.

Elijah poured himself another glass of wine, he decided to accompany it with a couple of sandwiches at the snack bar. But when he came back he noticed his table wasn't empty. There sat a girl, she didn't notice him for she was staring far away at the dance floor where Mira and "her" dream boy danced together. 

She too knew everything about him, his full name; Noah Matthews, and how he only wore cologne from "Old Spice", the list could go on and on. She took a sip of her whiskey, the smokey liquid burned her throat. It was then she realized that someone was staring at her. 

"I didn't know someone sat here." As she was getting up, Elijah urged her to stay, which after some persuasion she did. 

They were both quiet as they scanned one another. He started with her tea-length dress, a silky navy blue color, it clung to her shoulders and hugged her waist. Her short black hair reached her jawline, and she wore black "Vans", her bangs were messy, and a small tattoo graced her shoulder. Her eyes were a dark blue as she peered into his. She had many piercings, too many to count.

She too scanned his outfit which consisted of red converse, a white button-down which showed his manly figure, and black jeans. His plain brown hair was swept up and held together with the help of hair gel, and his eyes were a gorgeous hazelnut brown. 

"I've never seen you here before," said Elijah as he bit into his sandwich. "I'm Elijah, what's your name?" 

"Jade." replied the girl taking another swig of her whiskey. She stared at the crowd of people, they were all lost in the slow, bassy tune the music was playing, she watched her secret love dance the night away. Music was a wondrous thing she thought. 

"You've been staring at him for quite some time," Elijah said smugly. "Do you like him?"

"I could say the same for you," said Jade her voice was husky and sweet as she glared at him. "You've been staring at her for the entire party."

"Guess that makes two of us," said Elijah as he took another sandwich.

Jade sat quietly again, losing herself in the music as well. She decided to down her whiskey, it burned much more than last time. On the other hand, Elijah's eyes glided over to the dance floor once again.

He watched as his rival whispered into Mira's ear, she laughed as he did. How he loved her smile, how genuine it was always, he could never find a flaw in her, and trust me he tried. 
It was at this moment Jane gained some confidence, she turned her attention on Elijah and said: "Come on, let's go talk to them." 

Elijah almost spat out his drink.  

"Well come on, the night isn't young," she said, merely annoyed.  

She took hold of his arm and dragged him to the dance floor, now that he was up close he finally saw a good look of Mira.

Mira wore a beautiful backless ivory-colored dress. Her eyes shone a gorgeous green light, as he peered into them. 

"Hello Jade," said Mira, Elijah thought her voice was like sweet syrup. "Long time no see."

"I could say the same for you." retorted Jade. Her voice was unwelcoming. 
 They went inside the house, but this time Jade didn't join them, she stayed back with Noah. 

Noah and Jade started dancing, "Such a pretty girl you are," he said as he leaned in for a kiss. It was at this moment, Jade pushed him away "What the hell are you doing?!" she yelled. Tears filled her eyes, as he told her the cruel words she never wanted to hear "If it wasn't for your face, I'd never be here." 

With that, Jade ran and left the party. Never turning her head back.

Elijah and Mira went down to the basement, their footstep trailing ever so slowly, they quietly took hold of each other's hands. When all of a sudden he heard the most terrifying screech ring out, and others shrill screaming. Terrified, he hid himself but Mira insisted on checking on everyone. He closed his eyes. 

It seemed to be years before he opened his eyes again, he found himself that awfully cold white room. Stuck there for the rest of his life. He finally remembered. 

That night he hadn't been hiding... 

He looked at the wall and read the newspaper headlines:

COVERED IN BLOOD; PSYCHO'S COLD BLOODED MURDER STREAK, WITH MORE THAN 20 DEAD 

He closed his eyes and let out a blood-chilling chuckle. He could still remember his victim's slightly sweet bloody smell on his hands, mixed with their shrieks of horror. 

He took out the last belonging he was allowed to have; wine. 

Made out of Mira's blood...

hey!!!
    u got 7/8 on the k-pop riddles piece...congo!!!
    i uploaded the answers in the comments, you might wanna check out on where u missed that 1 point.
    p.s.: please pardon my silly intrusion.

• yazzungullo

Anytime!

• JakeFrommStateFarm

Thanks for the submission!