Wisp

i still dream of you

est. 26.9.19

there were constellations in your eyes;
those downtrodden lifeless eyes held shooting stars
and i watched them fly across gray irises
bursting into light never before seen
and how could i not be enchanted?

1. 16. 21

Bleeding Words

PROMPT: Why I Write

10
    I punctured my skin with ballpoint pins, ink seeking solace within my blood, until the two intertwined and became one. When I bled, letters fell out and spilled across the expanse of the world, tints of red shifting in the microscopic letters of my eternal being. I lost myself in the reds and blacks of letters and words. And when I returned, I was an inkling of a writer. 

The stars swam with such delight, staring down at me. My wrists were tattooed in the fading letters of dreamer and alive. I watched as stars shot across the night sky like skipping stones in the night, ripples of the universe glistening in that in between of stardust. And I witnessed awe in that moment of uncertainty, my eyes tainted with the glistening night. The moon beckoned and I followed, letters seeping out onto my skin. I pressed a finger to the surface of wonder, wisps of white swirling around, a faint glow encompassing it. And when my finger brushed, worlds of words decorated the moon, forming in the crevices and craters. The ink stained my hands and on my wrists read the words dreamer and alive in midnight ink. 

It was a December evening, the night sky was starless and the moon was a sliver of itself. Ice cold frost bit at the corners of my bare skin, nipping at the wounds that spilled out words. I breathed once, watching as the clouds built ephemeral staircases into the darkness eluding me. The clouds drew me closer, until I ascended towards the skies above. I sat in the crook of the moon, stringing along lines of words from my inked hands. Scattering them around, I watched as the night sky filled up with my words, illuminating bright spots of hope. And down below, I watched as a child reached up and grabbed one, holding the word close.  

Ink bled out of my wounds, falling onto empty pages. They glistened black, hints of the moon and stars fastened in between. I watched as they filled up pages upon pages, until the words were ripped out and fluttered into the night. Perched, they found a spot in the skies above, decorating the night in stars made of words. 

I was a writer.
Totally not what the prompt intended, but whatever. If you want one that is more atune to the prompt, read the other one I wrote last year. (It's really a gauge for how much my writing has changed in a year) 

But hey! It feels like I haven't been here in a while. How have you been? 

• Anlee

i simply can't pinpoint a favorite line(s) because the entire piece is so gorgeous! really takes my breath away~ this seriously should be the prompt winner <33

• crystalline•galaxies

wow, this is incredible. the last line really just sucker punched me in the gut and sent me off to mars. the sense of wonder that i get from this piece is gorgeous, and your imagery is to die for. it's kind of gruesome but in a beautiful way, and it really just flowed along my brain so nicely. is that weird to say? i'm not sure how to describe reading this, but it was fantastic.

That's it you win you win the prompt

stunning and brilliant and beautiful and heart-wrenching and i can't describe how wonderful this was to read! i love the way you have with words... anyway, keep writing! <3 <3 <3

beautiful <3333333 i absolutely love your writing! it is so good to hear from you :)