Cornflower Burst

May the odds be ever in your favor.
May the force be with you.
Live long and prosper.
Stay back! You don't know what you're dealing with!

"Life is nothing without a little chaos to make it interesting." -Amelia Atwater-Rhodes-

"We are what we believe we are." -C.S. Lewis-

"We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need within ourselves all ready: we have the power to imagine better." -J.K. Rowling-

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett-

"The biggest threat is a girl with a book." -Madame Gandhi-

"Live fast, die young, bad girls do it well." -MIA-

"Forget the bull in the china shop, there's a china doll in the bullpen." -Dessa-

My Latest Contest #timeofthetide is Now Closed!!!!

0
Hello, the deadline for this competition has passed. I will be posting the results in a couple of days.

GUIDELINES (please read before entering):
The rules are as follows:
  1. You can submit once per prompt, but you may republish it as many times as you want
  2. There are no requirements for how you write your piece. It can be poetry, a song, flash fiction, anything.
  3. No inappropriate content. This includes no swearing, in any language. If you do, I will know and you will be disqualified immediately (you will know you've been disqualified because I will put a comment on your piece).
  4. All entries must be done by the 20th of November, and the results will come out on the 30th. I hope this gives you long enough to craft an amazing entry.
  5. There is no word limit. The minimum is (of course) one, but you can write as many as you want. This is your story, so do it your way.
  6. Make sure to tag your piece #timeoftehtide, or I won't be able to find your piece.
  7. Please comment if you are going to enter.
  8. Those are pretty much the last of the rules.
PROMPT: The Tide
Write a piece that includes the tides, they can be changing or staying the way they are, real or fake, I don't care, but I really want to see some well-written work. I'm hoping for fifteen entries at least.

PRIZES:
There will be a first place, a second place, a third place, and a n honourable mention.  They will be published in a document on the 30th of November titled Results #timeofthetide. The prizes will be as follows.
    1st place- 5 likes of my choice, 5 reviews of your choice excluding the one that I will write of your piece(s) for this competition, a shout-out in my biography, a follow (if I'm not already following you), and one other prize which will be revealed to you when you win.
    2nd place- 3 likes of my choice, 3 reviews of your choice excluding the one that I will write of your piece(s) for this competition, a shout-out in one of my pieces (if there's one in particular, you can tell me), and a follow.
    3rd place- 2 likes of my choice, 2 reviews of your choice excluding the one that I will write of your piece(s) for this competition, a shout-out in one of my pieces (if you have a preference, let me know), and a follow.
    Honorable mention- 1 like  of my choice, a review of one of your pieces (I will choose which), and a shout-out in one of my pieces (if you have a preference, tell me).