RegentCorgi

The world is crazy, my life is crazy... but, hey. You know who's still going strong?

Me.

This is for the this_is_my_world competition, but comments are still greatly appreciated!

#this_is_my_world

3
   Have you ever wondered where your phone’s battery goes when it’s cold? Why humans can’t properly store energy? Well, let me tell you:
It’s the Stars.

Every piece of energy you’ve ever lost, every outraged exclamation of, “I could have sworn I charged it last night!” You did charge it. They just took the energy instead.
   They draw it from anything, whether large and small. Now free from whatever contained it, it flies through the atmosphere faster than light, carried to its recipients in mere seconds. 
   The Stars are not wasteful like humans. They understand the worth of this precious resource. They use it in everything, from the expansion of their population to the creation of their gaseous smoothies. But let me let you in on a secret...
   They’re sentient.
   They’re so aware of themselves and others, the simplicity of their society rivals the complexity of the Humans’. Color displayed in the purest of ways. Love shown through the gift of light.  Happiness just expected. The perfect society. 
   Their sunsets are each other, their animals dancing planets. A dying star is not sad, but happy, for it gives life to others. At night, they dance together, waving their gaseous tendrils about them like grass, dimming and brightening their light in to produce a slow, steady flicker.      
   You would never guess that such a society resides in the sky, but let me tell you: it does. It is more real than anything humans can create.
   ‘How do you know all this?’ you may ask. ‘How can you know so much that we, as Humans, cannot?’ Let me tell you just one more secret.
   I’m not Human.
   I’m a Star.

Thanks for entering my comp!

• .amelia.

It's a beautiful piece! Reminds me of A Wrinkle in Time Quintet!

Do let me know if you are planning to continue this story. I'd love to read it!