Applecharm11 Starhorse

Hi! I love writing about animals, fantasy and just expressing myself through words. 'A painting paints a thousand words' so why not a thousand words form a painting?

Hi! I write for hobby and for escaping troubles. I love to write as I get to 'live through' the stories I improvise on the spot. It makes me able to feel and be someone else in a world where I can change anything.I hope my words can make a difference

Writing From The Heart

1
I've always wondered, What makes writing so powerful? So wonderful? What drives us to the need of reading, of writing? What makes those words on paper, on screen, what makes them so interesting? How do words alone, make us smile, weep, enrage? How do they effect us so strongly? How do they change our perspectives so quickly?

But then, I realise. The words written, say more of the author than of what they write of. It shows what kind of person he or she is. It shows where their hearts lie, what they believe in, and how strongly, how determined they are to share that belief.

What lies in the heart, extends through our actions, including the words our fingers form, using the pen or skimming along the keyboard. The device feels like an extras muscle, able to be flexed, like moving a hand. It is natural.

But what makes us write? Some for leisure, for fun. Some to express what cannot be said aloud, the hidden emotions within. Some to simply share what they think, to try to show ideas. Some, story writers, we write to create.

A story, is fully controlled by the author, he or she is the one who makes the characters who they are, they are the ones who build challenges for their characters. But in a way, the character is of their own, and the author gets to form the world around that character, and watch his or actions, watch them grow.

God was a writer. He shared his past, the stories he had created through the hands of men he talked to. They recorded down the things he did, and how his characters reacted, how mankind, his creations grew, progress. Why? Why did he make them different? Why not make them like robots? To be programmed, to do as he wished? Wouldn't that have spared him the troubles and rage man brought?

Because like us, he wants to watch us grow, he wants to see the choices we make. In a way, we follow his example, creating personas, sometimes altered versions of ourselves, and put them in situations, wanting to see how they would react. For we know, every choice, brings a different result. We want to see them learn, to laugh, to share happiness with friends, to cry, the weep. We want to see life in different eyes, in different perspectives, backgrounds, and personality.

In this way, we can truly understand.

And this influences our believes, and what we want others to believe.

It shows, through our writing, the message we wish to send to readers.

I? Personally, every character I've made, its always had me as a base. I've only removed and added traits and story, to show a different me. Then I write, only then I feel like the persona I've crafted, and I live through their lives. I always do improvised writing. Because to me, its the only way I can feel like the character. I live through the story, not knowing the future or what would happen next. But yet I can understand the character's feelings, fear, pain, happiness, anger, suffering. I get to see how others in such situations feel, what they hope, their desires, what actions are carried out.

Creators wish to see their characters thrive.

Me? I never liked the simple stories, the good vanquish the evil, and the evil continue to fight back, always keeping hate.

But I don't believe that people will remain evil willingly. They may act horribly, but that doesn't mean they truly embrace the wrongdoings they commit.

For no one is ever born with evil, with horrid intentions. No matter who they are or what they do, people not only have evil, but goodness in them. No one is ever pure of the two. But what makes them who they are, is the choice they make, of the path they choose. But unlike most stories say, you can always return to the good path. It may be a little harder to find again, but in pure will and determination, one can go back to the road of goodness.

But just because they walk on the lighted path, the darkness will tempt, in hardships, it will look like an easy escape. But the two paths will always be there, they will never live without the other.

So really, there are no bad people in my stories, lost people yes, some who do horrible, unforgivable things, but no one remains bad. Though some characters take their anger and hatred to death, take away the hate, they are just scared people, who don't know what to do in some challenges.

My belief, is that no matter what they've done, everyone isn't truly evil. And they can be saved, they can be brought back.

And my belief is what drives me to write the things I write. What my heart believes, is what my hands will write, and what the words will come out like, on my screen.

So why is writing so wonderfully? Why does reading it make us feel so... touched? Why does it make us feel the way we do?

Because by reading, we see the things the author does, we see what they think, feel in certain situations. We see what kind of world they create, what they see things as. We get to view things through the author's eyes and the personas they create.

And by writing, we get to voice our thoughts, speak the words hidden in our hearts. And we get to see so many things in the ways we wish.

So why is writing so special?

Because it comes from the heart.

1