clos

18
Just a guy who's a writer for fun

The Alluring Whispers of Nature

PROMPT: Microphone

5
If you lowered a microphone into a circular, scenic Local Park with a wide, surrounding lake stacked right in the middle of it, then you might hear the sounds of nature and the type of people wishing to thrive in it. The chirping calls of crickets calling out to each other inside the lengthy but thin blades of grass flailing at the smooth breeze of the wind. The small chatter and snippets of words heard from two teenagers passing by you as they discuss the growing instantaneous pressures placed on them at school and the burning desire to take a break of it all and relax. The buzzing plethora of tiny but agile mosquitos making their way all across your body while a nearby runner tries to shake some off their face as they keep persisting forward. As the sun grows lower and lower each second, the clicks of cameras and the instances of giggles can be heard as families and couples take an unforgettable photo of the radiant sun as it reflects off of the celerity of the water. The wind blows again and this time the crackling and shaking of all of the leaves on trees mingles all around you. You can hear the ever-so-quick reeling of a rod as a frail, but lively fisherman yells and pats himself on the back as he has caught a catfish. Finally, the sun settles into the West and you can no longer hear the tires of a bicycle rolling on the sidewalk fading in and out and the conversations are dimmed as people go home. You are alone with the night sky and the distant lights of a nearby soccer field shine across the lake as parents cheer and coaches revere for the young players. It’s a cool Saturday night and the only thing that you can now hear in your heart is peace.

• October 28, 2019 - 11:01am (Now Viewing)

• WhispersOfGray

Oh, goodness. I simply cannot describe the feeling this has left me with. So, so peaceful. What a beautiful picture you have painted!

Lovely sentiment!

• Wicked!

Love that last sentence!