buddingauthor

I love reading books and writing. I am 15 years old and obsessed with Agatha Christie, Sherlock Holmes (both books and series), Twilight and Divergent. Also, music is life!

HAPPY DIWALI!!!

8
Happy Diwali to all fellow WtW writers! For those of you who don't know, Diwali or Deepawali is a festival of lights, celebrated all over India. It gives out the message of good over evil and that evil never wins. Its celebrated by lighting diyas and candles, putting up festive lights outside our houses and bursting crackers, although the last one is now prohibited since it causes a lot of pollution and I fully support this decision. I was never much into bursting crackers anyway. Apart from that, we also wear new clothes, pray to God and thank him and eat lots of goodies and an amazing dinner of puri and sabzi. Hopefully you all get the gist of what Diwali is and how fun it is, so wishing all of you a very Happy and prosperous Diwali!!
For those of you who want to tell others about your favourite, or biggest festivals, particioate in my contest #festivities - only 3 days to go!!!

• MimiChoudhury

A very happy diwali to you too Samiksha!!!!

I totally agree to the no bursting crackers thing. Sadly, where I live this rule has not been implemented yet

• The Moving Finger Writes

Hello! In answer to your question, the piece you enter will have to be a story. You could have your character be listening to and reflecting on the song. Thanks for checking, and happy Diwali to you as well.

• Samina

Happy DIWALI. MAY you have a happy and prosperous Diwali