PouringOutTheSun

Ireland

“In the darkness, two shadows, reaching through the hopeless heavy dusk. Their hands meet, and light spills in a flood, like a hundred golden urns pouring out the sun.” -Madeline Miller, “The Song Of Achilles.”

Hello, my eyes hurt and I am tired

It’s The Type of Burning Ache

4
Okay, so he laughs and it’s absolutely filled with reverence and excitement and fear and then out of his mouth next is a jumble of incomprehensible words and they’re all so sharp and exuberant to the point where you wonder; how is he not bloodied by them yet? 

“There’s just so much out there!” He exclaims and gold lightning cracks across the sky like a warning, the ground heats up like a reckoning and the planet rings, oh how they spin. Everything is outlined in this precious hue that I have stored in my pocket for centuries and when did the interstellar folk return? When did their wings take to tickling our grass again and why does the world smell round and smooth and like a stepping stone for every worthwhile adventure you could ever have?

Death feels small and far away when he tips his head back. I glance at the column of his throat and feel invincible. The thrum of his heart spreads out underneath the floorboards.

I press my fingers to the wood and feel.  The pulse is erratic. The pulse is shaky.  The pulse sees a comet for the first time and skyrockets.

We set off for the seething sky and simply hope that gravity does not get any stronger. 

• parachutes_the_idiot

https://www.writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/137151/version/265008

• flopalopacous

Hello hello you are so very talented and I can’t even explain how amazing this is, thank you

• Upsidownpenguin

absolutely stunning as always! though you don't really need my validation

• ThePaperSamurai

Wow this is breathtaking!!!! I love the imagery, so beautiful!
    And I love how the character is just kinda rambling all this, like its like we get a glimpse into her thoughts. Love it!!!!
    :)

• Maya!

stunning stunning stunning stunning! I am in love