Deleted User

Thanks for reading the short story!

"The City Of Broken Hearts"

8
Lexia Spears was thinking about Roman Sinclair again. Roman was a sad young man with calm blue eyes.

Lexia walked over to the window and reflected on her Desolate surroundings. She had always hated the City of Broken Hearts with its rainy, rare river of red. It was a place that encouraged her tendency to feel sad.

Then she saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the lonesome figure of Roman Sinclair.

Lexia gulped. She glanced at her own reflection. She was a young woman with a thin frame and eyes of pure silver. Her friends saw her as an ancient, attractive Angel.

But not even an angel who had once longed for love, was prepared for what Roman had in store today.

The rain hammered like a stampede of horses running through the dark clouds, making Lexia feel lost in her mixed emotions.
Lexia grabbed at her hood that had been folded neatly on her back; she slipped the hood over her golden hair.

As Lexia stepped outside and Roman came closer, she could see the rare smile on his face.

Roman gazed at her with the affection of 101 dalmatians. He said, in hushed tones, "It's taken a long time, but I've realized I love you too."

Lexia looked back at her home, even more lost. She started pulling at her hood that was barely keeping the rain away. "Roman, I'm sorry," she replied. The smile slipped from his face as quickly as it had arrived.

They looked at each other with lonely feelings, like one was the ocean, and the other was a desert. The two could sit next to one another, but couldn't mix. One belonged to the other once, but soon, the water pulled away and left dry sand in it's wake.

Lexia studied Roman's sad stature and glassy eyes. Eventually, she took a deep breath. "I'm sorry," began Lexia in apologetic tones, "but I don't feel the same way, and I never will. I just don't love you anymore Roman."

Roman looked defeated, his face an open book.

Lexia could actually hear Roman's hope shatter into a million pieces. Then, the sad loner spun on his heel and hurried away into the distance.

Not even a bath in the petals of her wilting roses could fix her broken heart as she watched him walk away.
This is a modified version of a story I'd previously created. Not the best, but not the worst. Thanks for reading this short!

1

Thank you! It is a little strange. I made it years ago and added a few words here and there. I like to look at how I improved. <3

• Upsidownpenguin

especially in the beginning. It does get better though.

• Upsidownpenguin

Two things: I LOVE the ideas in this piece, but I find the word choice to be a little bland.

Awe! Thanks! Tbh, I don't quite remember what inspired it.

• Charisse Marison

AWWWWWW! The heartbreak is just AURRRGGGGHHHHH!
    I love it though. So emotional!