miajoyy

Child of God
Big sister
Pianist
Artist
Candor
Athenian
Ravenclaw
Cheerleader
Basketball.. er?

'Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.' 1 Timothy 4:12

'Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.' -Albus Dumbledore

I think I'm going to write mostly poetry on here. It's not my strong suit, but I enjoy it so :)

'Mokie

5
This is the story of one great cat
He was found nearly skin and bone with his fur in a mat

He was called Smokey and he was one of a kind
With wispy grey fur and brilliant green eyes
He would return, day after day
And after a while, they decided he could stay
Call his name and he'd be there
He'd lay next to you, drooling with not a care
Though his affection was already off the chart
He still managed to find ways to leave gifts from the heart
Wake in the morning and step out of the house
Only to find he had left you a nice mouse

This was the story of one great cat
He lived a good life, and that is that.
    Quite a few years ago my grandparents came across a stray cat who was very friendly towards them. When the grandkids met him, we all fell in love. For the past almost 5 years he has been my grandparent's honorary cat. He lived outside and anytime you came out the front door, he would slink out of his little house on the porch and rub against your legs. He was the most affectionate cat I've ever met.
    According to my grandma, he has been missing for almost a week now. He hadn't been eating either. We don't really know for sure, but I'm sure you can infer what we did. Sorry if I'm being super melodramatic, I know some of y'all are thinking its just a cat for heaven's sake! : ) I don't know why I'm suddenly so emotionally attached to this cat, but I'm literally crying right now!
    Anyway, that was the story of Smokey put in simpler words, in case the poem was hard to understand. It was fun to write this poem though, I'm pretty sure its the first rhyming poem I've written on here. Hope you enjoy : ) 

1

• miajoyy

aw me too :(

• inkyscribbles

Now I am crying my heart was broken when grandma told me he was missing!

• miajoyy

Thank you so much!

• Starflower

I'm so sorry! Cats are wonderful, and it's awful when you lose them. :( Your poem is great, and rhymes really well.