parachutes_the_idiot

i would’ve given you the clothes off my back, the air from my lungs, the remnants of my heart. but apparently i wasnt good enough. ive never been good enough for your love.

never good enough for you, never good enough for my folks. i don’t know why i bother.

Round One “The Incident At The Pool” POTENTIAL TRIGGERS MAY BE FOUND IN THIS PIECE SO YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Please don’t yell at me if its too graphic. Also, #letsdothis

10
Drowning
(alone)
at the bottom of the pool. Minimal air in my lungs,
(oh god save me)
I try to break free, to swim up, but something
(or rather someone)
clutches at my leg, dragging me down. I try to fight, to thrash, to get away, but my attempts are fruitless. The oxygen held inside of me bubbles out 
(beautifully)
in a single torrent. They air pockets float in front of me momentarily 
(tauntingly)
before floating upwards to the surface. I try to focus, but black dots begin forming in my peripheral vision. I claw
(desperately)
at my eyes, my throat, my everything. I will myself to escape but no one 
(cares)
sees me, sees that I’m stuck. Whatever
(whoever)
is holding me under begins to pull me further down. I thrash some more, I kick frantically. Something 
(probably it’s nose)
crushes under my heel. Something warm 
(blood)
gushes up. My vision goes dark. My lungs fill with water
(and blood)
as my body begins to shut down. My flailing limbs slow. I. I can’t think clearly. A 
(white)
warm light engulfs my body as I lose consciousness. I feel my life 
(end)
drain from my body. My sunken, swollen, former self 
 (goodbye)
 sinks down further.
It’s not specifically about Halloween, I know, but I feel that it fits in the category. It’s spooky, it’s macabre, and it seems like a story people would tell on Halloween. 

This oiece.......this piece scares me. In 2 weeks I will have my first shift as a Lifeguard. I am terrified. I’m scared that someone will slip under during my watch. I’m scared that I won’t be able to save them.  I’m just so scared. 

This piece, this story, it’s  been haunting me every night for the better part of a month. I can’t tell anyone or else I won’t get a job. This is me using writing as therapy. 

Ummmmm. This got dark and awkward. Good luck to the other entrants I guess. 

Idk. 

I just hope this piece doesn’t suffer the same fate as “Happy Together”. 

• Maryam Q

Competition results are out... Thank you so much for participating! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/138396/version/268432

• Okapi

I have counted the votes and the winner of round one is Ahna with the piece "How to Survive All Hallow's Eve". However no one will be eliminated this round. Ready for round two? The subject to write about this round is Autumn. Poems, short stories, and flash fiction are allowed. The deadline for this round in November 7th. Like in the previous round, please write Round Two in your title. Good luck to all of you!

• Starflower

Good luck with being a lifeguard! I used to go to the pool for hours every day because I was on the swim team, and all the lifeguards ever did was sit there swinging their lanyards and looking bored. Their only occupation other than that was to blow their whistles at people who weren't doing anything wrong. I think it's very rare for anything to happen, but again, good luck!

• Wicked!

Wow. This is so eloquently written. The flow and the whole structure of the piece is amazing; I agree with @Maryam Q, the writing style suits the piece beautifully.

• Debbie

I love your work, I think it's exceptional and original. You made the sentence flow too well.

• Charisse Marison

So macabre! I like it though :)

• Maryam Q

Wow, the almost poetic style of this piece suits it so well. Well done! I'm assuming this is for the crime scene prompt, right?