♛DaBolo♛

Hello. I'm @DaBolo, I dream of becoming a novelist. I am currently writing my first novel. I mostly write poems on here, just because long posts tend to scare people away. Write The World is amazing, shoutout to @Tushar Mandhan for being kind to all.

Hello folks,
this was for the competiton hosted by @Okapi. This was also for a contest by @budding author. All contestants have been selected already, for @Okapi's contest, so sorry for anyone that would enjoy it. But you guys should check it out and read other work by fellow writers such as @weirdo, and @Anha, and even the winner of my contest @Kayla Vanderpool. Also I encourage you guys to write you own pieces and comment them on this. Also like this post if you loved my thing. Then with @budding author the contest was cool, thanks for recommending it.

a Trick or a Treat (Round One) and #fesivities

6
The night was young,
as I tip-toed onto the next porch I looked annoyed.
The cacophony of children wasn't nearly over, 
and it would last for an eternity.

Children all came out to feast on devilishly well designed treats.
However there was one problem.
This wasn't a treat,
for all I wanted was my peace and quiet,
but indoors were full of trick and treaters hoarding M&ms and Almond Joys'.
Their voices echoeing through the walls.

This wasn't a treat for me,
it was a trick.
Except it only ended up tricking me,
into swallowing mouth-fulls of candy.

So there I was,
surrounded in the screeching,
just eating candy,
and enjoying the menacing costumes,
and the horrid decor of Halloween.
While adults spend their money feeding us snacks.

Next year though,
I'll be too old for the trick.
So for now i'll take it as a treat,
and maybe dance in the ghostly night.
Happy Halloween!

• Okapi

I have counted the votes and the winner of round one is Ahna with the piece "How to Survive All Hallow's Eve". However no one will be eliminated this round. Ready for round two? The subject to write about this round is Autumn. Poems, short stories, and flash fiction are allowed. The deadline for this round in November 7th. Like in the previous round, please write Round Two in your title. Good luck to all of you!

• Dmoral13

Such a fun piece!

• buddingauthor

Hey thanks for entering! Very nice piece!

• buddingauthor

Nicely written and I love the new perspective to a festival. This can fit really well in my competition #festivities. If you're interested in entering, I think you should submit this. Again, very well written.

• Charisse Marison

Happy Halloween! Sometimes on Halloween I want peace and quiet too :)