Giphy

aditi

is the point emphasized enough?

Our Fight

PROMPT: Rain or Shine

1
    Humans can be incredibly nasty creatures. Demolishing everything, whether it be living or nonliving, to get what they want, no matter the cost. Sadly, it is the reality of the modern world that such a statement doesn't surprise anyone anymore. Should we be ashamed? I think we have every reason to. 
Humans aren't the only living things on this planet. The planet belongs to the trees and animals just as much as it belongs to us. So why should they have unfair treatment? The number of sad animal articles is beyond compare. Every day, there are reports of dogs and cats found in trash cans, with ropes tied around their necks so they suffocate. More than 100 dolphins and whales washing up on beaches because they choke on the pollutants in the ocean. Who gave us the right to decide when we can punish a living being? 
The world has changed, thankfully, and there are a numerous amount of people working to protect the harmless creatures of the world, who have done absolutely nothing to us. There are over millions of dog shelters aiming to close down all puppy mills and rescue all the helpless animals on the Death Row. People who work as animal rights activists, to stop poaching. We, as people, are recognizing the uncomparable amount of damage that we have caused, sometimes unknowingly. Together, we can change this problem, and ensure it never happens again. And it's not just adults and important figures of the world that can change. As Greta Thunberg has shown us, the young people of this world are extremely powerful, and our voice thunders above the others. Young people often get the impression that they can't do anything to help, but we can. We are so strong, when together, and we are realizing it. Fighting for our planet will not influence the livelihood of our senators and parents; it will influence us. We will be living in the future, and it's our responsibility to take care of it. 
I have felt the urge to do something for Earth, who has sustained us for centuries. The need is a flame, and I don't intend to ever let it die. For the sake of this planet, we absolutely cannot let it. 
So let's fight. What do we have to lose? 

• Starlit_Sparkling_Skies

Good job!!! This is SO TRUE!!! Also, I saw you mentioned Death Row, and being helpless...do you think the death penalty is a good thing? And also, when you answer my question, could you comment on one of my pieces? If you do it here I will forget and never see it again

• Julia Warnock

I agree that young people have the power to change the world. We obviously need to do something, since many adults like to ignore serious problems if they don't affect them personally. Good job! :)