JCWriter

I'm an aspiring novelist with a passion for free verse and epic fantasy (and occasionally being over-dramatic).
INFP ~ TCK ~ Enneagram 4 ~ reader of many things
been here since about 7.26.2017

There is always hope.

"I certainly have not the talent which some people possess," said Darcy, "of conversing easily with those I have never seen before." (Jane Austen)

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost." (J.R.R. Tolkien)

"Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon." (A.A. Milne)

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." (Romans 15:13)

~

If you're here looking for something to read, some of my favorites are "Ten Wishes--A Poem", "Light", and "A Possibility". :)

Plane Seats

It was the language
(unspoken, unwritten, undefined)
of humanity as one voice, a tongue we all
understand with an understanding
that does not require ears: the young man
stood up, moved,
to let the child sit by a window
and still be beside her mother––
to let the child wonder at the stars, wide-eyed,
as they all ascended toward infinity together,
while still safely, comfortably, within reach of mother's arms––
he took the aisle,
smiling a "You're welcome"
because none of them could comprehend
the other's spoken words.

• symphonyrain0812

Wow! This piece is concise yet displays so many emotions. You can see the small moments in which we can all truly connect. Amazing use of italics and dashes to really emphasize your point! :)

• Charisse Marison

YES! When people give their seats to others, or just show respect and good manners, I'm reminded that although human kindness seems to be declining, little moments like this show the good in the world. Great job!

• babybluelamentations

Absolutely beautiful!! I was blown away by how much you conveyed in this piece. I’ve seen interactions like this so many times before, and it always gives me hope for humanity. Your amazing diction and use of formatting made this all the better. I love this!