Screenshot 2019 09 03 at 6.25.11 pm

Starlit_Sparkling_Skies

this is for the #song of my soul competition! Join it!!

Get Up Now #songofmysoul

2

If you love somebody
Better tell them why they're here 'cause
They just may run away from you
You'll never know what went well
Then again it just depends on
How long of time is left for you
I've had the highest mountains
I've had the deepest rivers
You can have it all but not til you move it

She waited in the dark for the first email to appear. The one had not responded yet. She had told him a while ago, was he formulating a response? She hoped that it would be a good one, a response that showed a mutual interest. If he didn't...well, it was to be expected. Not that it would do much good for that to happen anyways. Her life had been going downhill for a while, if he didn't like her back, it would just fit the system.
And--here it comes-----!
Nope. Of course he doesn't. Nobody likes her anyway, no matter what her voice tells her.
Now take it in but don't look down
'Cause I'm on top of the world, 'ey
I'm on top of the world, 'ey
Waiting on this for a while now
Paying my dues to the dirt
I've been waiting to smile, 'ey
Been holding it in for a while, 'ey
Take it with me if I can
Been dreaming of this since a child
I'm on top of the world

When she returns to school the next day, she is, strangely enough, at peace. In a few hours they would see each other, and what did it matter? She had no idea what was going on inside her mind, but it felt like thousands of carousels whirling and twirling and spinning round and round. Eye contact-boom. Nothing else was on her mind bar the way he glanced at her. Her mind was down in the pits of despair as usual, but her soul was somehow still flying.
I've tried to cut these corners
Try to take the easy way out
I kept on falling short of something
I coulda gave up then but
Then again I couldn't have 'cause
I've traveled all this way for something

She remembered her first time in the best season of her life. All alone. Now she had many friends, who loved her just the way she was. Before she came, she could be a terrible person when she wanted to. Now, instead of making fun of them, she brings them cookies. As she maneuvers through her days, avoiding whatever she can, feeling herself drift lower, she somehow still soars in depression. Walking the wire of life, so don't look down. Smiles aren't hard to come by, but pure happiness is rare. Most is tinged with melancholy, but nothing is purely un-silver. All clouds have a faint, thready lining.
And I know it's hard when you're falling down
And it's a long way up when you hit the ground
Get up now, get up, get up now

Get up now.