PouringOutTheSun

Ireland

“In the darkness, two shadows, reaching through the hopeless heavy dusk. Their hands meet, and light spills in a flood, like a hundred golden urns pouring out the sun.” -Madeline Miller, “The Song Of Achilles.”

Just a thing I threw together a while back. I added some bits to it just there.

Pain’s Not Sweet, It’s Never Tasted Like Sugar

10
“What hurts most?”

“The evil air, the breath of the dying, the last leaf trampled on the ground, the boundary between wildness and civility, your last glimpse of dawn, the oppressiveness of the twilight, the kindling still hot enough to burn and the flowers that never made it because they were too fragile.” 

He fists his hands in my shirt and my breath catches. “What hurts most is the end of autumn and the start of a new night, the last page in a book slices my fingers to shreds and the first frame of a movie stops me from breathing for all of two hours. Pixels die and fade and magic leaks from us because we were never strong enough to make it our own. Clouds pass by and the grass plains flood, the sand stings your eyes and your heart stops beating but not before it shouts and screams at the sky for more time and more memories.”

My wrists hurt from where they’ve flung stones into the sea, my eyes hurt from where I’ve burned the image of you into my retinas, my heart hurts because all of this is too big for a small thing like you.”

“I hurt and it’s this bone deep horrific ache and when you cry, I swear the pain doubles.”

• October 5, 2019 - 10:00am (Now Viewing)

october wtw highlights are live!

• Ruthh

THIS IS STUNNING I HAVE CHILLS

why is everything you write living, breathing poetry? you're a wonder to behold, honestly, and your writing reads like the sacred tennets of a forgotten religion, or maybe one we are yet to discover. and more than anything, your writing expresses humanity in ways more applicable than anything else i've ever seen. we are effervescent, and you understand that completely. we are effervescent, but we live.