1290930 bigthumbnail

Mackenzie

Please only constructive feedback (No Flames)
I think it is is Sir Barrie's style but I am unsure of the last bit (Prehaps -end), I may have slipped from his style there.

Borrowing Voice (Peter Pan by James M. Barrie)

PROMPT: Borrowing Voice

1

Such a midget she looked in her long skirt and maid's cap, though she had sworn, when engaged, that she would never see ten agian. Oh poor Liza! Not only did she look short in her maid's skirt she was truly short! That was one of the things Liza hated about her appearence. Her short stature caused her all sorts of trouble. First was her her job, for being a short maid was not easy. For she often had to climb upon a chair to reach the cobwebs that were hiding in the upper corners of the house and it does not look well for a woman of any status to be climbing upon chairs. Then of course was her constant problem of the length of her clothes. She was always tripping over the length of her skirts, the poor dear. Oh, the cost of hemming them all! If only she had been born just a bit taller!

Prehaps she would grow some before she became engaged. That is if a man would not mistake her for a child instead of a woman.

• Skgfun

Wow! Love this. I read the last sentence and already feel like I know Liza! Love the old-fashioned feel--definitely Barrie-like! Great job.