Image7

Hartsock2

I love to sing, draw, play an instrument, read and write. I mostly love to read and write fantasy stories. I rarely write poetry on purpose though. I hope you like my stories, the stories of everyone else on here and stories not on this website!

“A well-composed book is a magic carpet on which we are wafted to a world that we cannot enter in any other way.” ― Caroline Gordon
Continue to write whenever you can! Writing is a good way to express yourself no matter what other people say!

Honors Choir 2016

0
​I have wanted to tell people about what it was like for me to be in honors choir for a while(of course, outside of conversations). I think that this is the perfect place to do that. I am not done editing this yet. There is still quite a bit to talk about in it. I hope you enjoy reading this!

​Being in honors choir is something I really enjoy, and I will never regret it for the rest of my life. It helped me find me find who I am and what makes me me. When I tried out for it for the first time, I was just trying something out. I didn't know what to expect. After I made it in, I loved it. I wanted to make it into even more honors choirs. Every single honors choir I auditioned to get into, I became a part of. It still surprises me. I have made it into 4 now. I will now tell you what was going on in the 3 days that we were preparing for the concert(my 4th honors choir).

This honors choir was so far my favorite year. Many people in it agreed with me. First of all, we had a very good director. He was funny, he knew how to handle us and he had a passion for music and their stories. Second of all, the 6 songs we had to memorize and sing were ones we all loved. This was the first year for at least most of us when we loved every single song. In honors choirs, there will normally be just one song that you HATE. It almost never fails. This year was different, and I am glad it was. The first song we sung was Se teco vive il cor(the song is Italian in case you were wondering). The second one was Now Touch the Air Softly. The third one was The Poet Sings. The fourth one was See the gipsies. The 5th one was In My Home(By the way, this one was a world premiere. It was originally a poem about South Dakota. The poet who made this is Patrick Hicks, and he is from South Dakota!). The last song we did was Johny Said "No!" It was a really fun song! Basically, it is about a girl who wants to marry a man and gets rejected by him. If you can, you should listen to it! It was most likely the choir's favorite of the six.

On the first day, the first rehearsal didn't start until it was about 1:00 pm. My mom recorded the rehearsal, and showed it to my relatives. They said we sounded like a high school choir! It was a bit surprising for me. The actual rehearsal went from 2:00 to 3:30 pm. We then took a break from 3:30 to 3:45 pm. The next rehearsal was from 3:45 to 5:30 pm. Then we had dinner from 5:30 to 6:15. The 3rd rehearsal was from 6:15 to 7:45. Once it was done, we walked to the pavilion across the street to attend a concert.
The concert took place on Saturday, February 20, 2016. There were 4 different choirs. The first one was middle level boys. Then middle level girls(this is the one I was in). The other 2 were high school level, and they were separated the same way. I am not sure of what order they were in though.