Charisse Marison

Fangirl of: Boybands, Sander Sides, Disney
Favorite Broadway musicals: Dear Evan Hansen, Waitress and Hamilton
Treat People With Kindness <3

I know this is kind of touchy, but we DO have the ability of free speech here in this country. You don't have to read, you don't have to agree. I just want my voice to be heard.

The Horrors of Abortion (Please Don't Read If Sensitive Subject)

7
Us as society consider murders a high offense crime. In fact, you can get life sentences for things like that! But our country has made the killing of babies legal, and most women are actually encouraged to do that. This to me is so sad I cannot even express it.
Even though some people consider babies in the womb as not alive, they actually have a soul the moment they are created. 
What's really sad is that if a baby is found with a disability while inside the womb, the mothers are encouraged to abort it. This is one of the most cruel things I have ever heard. People with disabilities are just like you and me: they can laugh, say, think, etc. Just because they are different doesn't mean they don't have the right to live. Everyone should have that choice. Who is it for others to decide?
I just can't believe this is legal. If you agree with me, every time you pass a Planned Parenthood building, say a prayer. Not just for the babies, but for the mothers to make the right choice.
I'm sorry if you disagree with my statement. Please don't hate me.
But if you do....may God bless

1

• Abrianna

Very brave of you to put this out! Good luck in the contest! I do agree with you because even in the case of rape, why punish the baby for the sin of the father.
    Great piece, keep it up!

• batman_is_a_cracker

Howdy. I disagree in almost every way. I don't believe in God or souls (please don't attack me for this) so that argument doesn't resonate with me. In a literal sense, I do understand how abortion is like murder. I know I am definitely Pro-Choice because a woman should have the right to decide whether they have a child or not; pregnancy and childbirth are one of the most painful and difficult experiences on the planet and I would never FORCE that onto anyone. However, despite my beliefs, I can see why you don't view abortion as morally sound. Fetuses are alive, fetuses are what will/could be human beings, and having their chance for a life taken away from them before they're even born would be sickening to an extent.
    At that, I will ask you to just forget your beliefs for a moment and listen. Think about what happens after a child is born. An unwanted child. Do you see them living a happy life? I haven't done much research on the subject but what about post-partum depression? What about how having a baby that they never wanted would affect them mentally (and physically and financially and emotionally)? It's just baffling to me - and mean this with no disrespect - how you think it's worse to cut somebody's life short before they're even able to THINK than it is to completely ruin somebody's life by dumping the responsibility of parenthood on them.
    On a slightly different note, I was wondering if you had any sources for what you said about babies with disabilities. I always kind of assumed that stuff like that happened (because of all the ableism that goes on in this country) but I've never heard a factual story about it, I'd love to dip a little more into the subject.
    Anyway, I guess we can agree to disagree because it's not like I'm actually gonna change your mind. You're probably as stubborn about this as I am.

• V-Rose

Thank you for this. I agree totally. I've heard so many arguments about how it is a woman's choice and all that. I have gone to marches and even to see people discussing whether to pass a bill to make abortion illegal in my state's roundhouse. I know it's the woman's body but I hate the way they twist it because they make the child into a choice. But it is a child. Again, thanks for sharing your opinion.
    A person is a person, no matter how small.
    -- Dr. Suess

i respect you for putting out your opinion in a respectful way! though i very much disagree with your opinion for quite a few different reasons, that’s what it is, agree to disagree. however much i may disagree, though, i respect how kind you were! (ps i hope you don’t believe all mothers who have an abortion are murderers, though. as someone who’s read many many case studies on the topic, there’s a huge number of reasons why women are in a position where they have to do so sometimes. but again, i respect how respectfully you said your opinion. stay safe, stay well! <3 )

• birthdaycandles

I agree with you and I myself am pro-life also. I agree with all of the points you’ve made and think that life should be protected at all costs and not treated like something disposable. I’m also a religious person and believe we are all made in the image and likeness of God and that life is created at the moment of conception. It takes guts to put your opinion out there on this platform and I give you great praise and respect for doing so. Sometimes it’s difficult when you have the minority opinion also, thanks for sharing your opinion. :)

• Cierra.Nervo

I would ever hate you, that is an OPINION. You are a good person for sharing your thoughts, and I understand how you feel. I have mixed feelings about abortions. In the cases you brought up, it is, yes, unfair to abort them. But some people become pregnant at such a young age, say for example, rape, that they just give it up. I don't know how I feel about abortions. I don't like the killings of doctors, and bombing of companies who do more than just abortions, but I don't like how some people just kill the fetus because they didn't want a child.

P.S. Thanks for liking me posts, it really means a lot to me! I always wanted to be a writer, and your work is wonderful!

• Charisse Marison

it's okay this is a free country :). Agree to disagree, but thank you for sharing! It can be nice to hear different points of view. I just wanted my voice to be heard.

• Starflower

I totally respect your opinion, but I can't agree with you. Of course I don't hate you because I disagree. :) But I believe that women have the right to choose their future. If a woman became pregnant against her will, is it right to force her to have a baby when it was the fault of some man? Teenagers who become pregnant often have grim futures, because their education and job prospects can be seriously compromised. Also, if you take away a woman's control over her body, you are also taking away some of her civil rights, which seems to contradict the principles of freedom that Americans are proud of. Finally, many women who become pregnant simply don't have the money or resources to raise their child well, resulting in a miserable life for the child. I don't like the idea of taking the life of an unborn baby either, but abortions usually take place very early. Women should take their choice seriously and go through their pregnancy if possible, but they have a right to choose. It's their body, after all. Anyway, sorry for the long comment, but I just wanted to give my opinion, too. Again, I respect your opinion, and don't want to offend you. :)