buddingauthor

I love reading books and writing. I am 15 years old and obsessed with Agatha Christie, Sherlock Holmes (both books and series), Twilight and Divergent. Also, music is life!

My definition of Hatred #ThingsIHate

2
I am very grateful for everything and everyone I have in my life. But we all need to vent all our feelings once in while and let it all out. After all, complaining is extremely enjoyable.
  1. BRAGGING- I hate it when people brag! I know its not very specific and no one likes braggarts but I absolutely detest them and cannot stand them. Whenever someone starts talking about what brands they are wearing, what restaurant they went to eat in, what perfume they applied, where they got their earrings, I immediately walk out of the conversation. Their tone is what I hate the most! The 'diva' tone- "Oh my God thankyouuu! I got this from Gucci last month...."- I absolutely HATE IT!
  2. BAD SINGING- I cannot emphasize the times I wished I could just shut the mouth of a person so tightly closed that they couldn't speak again! I love listening to music, its my happy place. And it is the last thing I want someone to mess up. Music is not everyone's cup of tea and it is not easy! I have learned music for 3-4 years of my life and I plan to resume soon, so I know that singing is tough. My point is, if you can't sing, DON'T! Simple. Music has helped people make a career, given them a platform to voice their thoughts and showcase their talent. And people singing like they know everything about music and are the best singers in the world, when they know nothing and sound absolutely horrible, make me want to punch them.
  3. UNORGANIZED PEOPLE- Me and all the people that know me, know that I like to be neat and organized. I like when everything is prim and proper but some people do not. I have learned to be okay with that but I DETEST when people affect any of my things. I have just made the bed and would like to see it neat and clean for a while, but NO! these people will jump on the freshly made bed and ruin it! Long story short, people should respect other's space and be organized!
  4. ADVERTISEMENTS- Again, no one likes ads, but I am sick of them! Videos have ads in between them, its like a cliffhanger! Even apps have ads! Its like you cannot live without seeing an advertisement everyday. I know they are important for sponsors and all but there should be a limit on how many ads can be shown. A twenty minute show is extended to thirty minutes because of ten minutes worth of ads! I really think there should be some kind of policy or something for this.
  5. SPOILER- GIVERS- Another obvious thing that no one likes, but they test my patience. I mean I get to know the ending of a series before I have even started reading it, I get the spoiler to the movie I have been wanting to watch for over a year and I get to know the character DIES! I mean why!? Why would anyone do that to someone? Maybe some kind of revenge in some cases but mostly, its just because they have fun in seeing the look of disgust and shock on the other person's face. I am pretty sure these people are mad!
These are SOME of the things that I hate. I feel that they are something that most people don't like, so I hope this was relatable.
Okay, so I got some feedback on this piece and I thought it best to republish it after clearing that issue. So @weirdo pointed out a very valid fact and I really appreciate and respect their opinion so I just thought I'll clear it out. As I could gather, their point was that people improve their singing by singing their hearts out in public and without any shame. I totally agree with @weirdo and I am extremely sorry that I wasn't clear enough. I meant to say that I hate those people who know they sing bad, do not want to improve, and sing just to annoy others (or maybe just me). So I'm really sorry once again, I did not convey my message properly. Hope this clears it all out.

• pineapples

contest results are up!!!

Wow lol. I full-heartledly agree. People shouldn't sing if they can't (But I agree with what was said in the footnotes) And yes!! Advertisements are AWFUL! I was in the middle of listening to my favorite song, jamming out, and writing when an add came on right in the middle of the music! That's just sick if you think about it! Will be honest though. When i t comes to neatness, I just can't seem to grasp it. Everything in my life is a mess. All the way down to my social skills. Bragging is a thing I hear a lot. If someone is bragging about something, I kind of brag back. In a way anyway. Just to show them that they aren't on top of anyone else. That even I, the bullied, too-mature-for-her-age teenager am as good as they are. Possibly even better in some areas. As for spoilers.

My friends freaking spoil EVERYTHING!

I'll tell them that I'd rather not have them and yet they do it anyway. Sometimes it's not intended. If I give a spoiler on accident, I keep it as a cliff hanger to they have to read or watch it anyway.

Yeah.

RELATEABLE.

• buddingauthor

Glad you could relate!

• Charisse Marison

Cool! Yeah, i do value honesty and knowledge, but I also love helping others :)
    Yeah, yet again, great work on your piece! Bragging is a trigger for me too. I feel like when people brag about themselves, it makes me feel less special. Which is AWFUL. really relatable!

• buddingauthor

Ill probably be candor and erudite, ill have to look that up...

• Charisse Marison

Honestly, so true! BTW I'm into divergent too. What faction are you in? I'm a mix between Amity and Abnegation. Anyways, keep up the great writing!

• pineapples

also, are you entering both versions of this piece into the competition, or were you planning on just entering this one? I was just checking...

• pineapples

@buddingauthor, you asked how to republish a piece without losing likes and comments, so here's the answer.
    if you change anything other than the title and the message to writers in the piece, you will lose all of the likes and comments if you republish it.
    however, if you simply just want to republish it without changing anything, just open the piece, at the top, it should say 'manage versions' click that.
    it shows all of the saved versions and whether they are published or not. click options, unpublish and then click options again and click publish for peer review, which will send you back to the page asking whether you want peer reviews or not. then publish it
    I hope this wasn't tooo confusing, and I hope this helped