Image

ShxdyG

Views Album Review

0
At long last Drake is back, as he drops his fourth studio album VIEWS and his first project since What A Time To Be Alive. On VIEWS we have Drake rehashing topics and unapologetically merging contrasting styles found throughout his whole music catalog. The album can be deep and thoughtful with songs like Keep The Family Close and U With Me, yet fun and energetic at times with songs like One Dance and Controlla. Drake and his team at OVO somehow make the end result work. Noah "40" Shebib part of Drake's OVO team and his main producer once again delivered in the production department, delivering melodies that can be soothing, soulful and energetic. At times I felt Drake's lyrics lacking and not doing 40's melodies justice and therefore diminishing the album's quality as a whole. We have questionable lyrics from time to time but in the end it's the same old Drake and that's a good thing and a bad thing, as he stays true to himself but doesn't show too much growth as an artist as similar lyrical content can be found across all four studio albums.

I graded the album on a scale of 1-10 on 5 areas: album pace, lyricism, content, production, replay value.

Album Pace: 7/10
Lyricism: 6/10
Content: 6/10
Production: 10/10
Replay Value: 7/10

Final Score: 7.2/10