aceoftriangles

Hi, I'm Madeleine :) I'm thirteen, I love dogs, reading, watching Netflix and eating chocolate. My passion is writing and my dream is to become a famous author and screenwriter. Also to have lots of dogs, preferably Boston terriers.

New Competition!

7
Hello, writers! 

For some reason, I just felt like doing a competition. I probably won't get any entries, but, anyway, here it is...

So, looking at recent posts, I've seen that there's not a lot of short stories, which is why this a short story competition! Yay! (Or nay, that's still okay). See what I did there? 

Never mind, let's continue on with this. Here are the rules:

- Write a short story (500 words maximum) with a protagonist that is not human. They can be an animal, a fantasy being, an alien, whatever floats your boat. Just not human.

- Other than that, your writing is completely free! Write in whichever time period (past, present, future) you want, whichever place (or planet) you want - it absolutely doesn't have to be real, etc. 

- Entries open immediately and close 11:59 pm on October 14th (my time). It would be better if you could submit your story ASAP, due to time zones and whatnot. 

- Please comment below with the link to your story, and include #nonhumancomp in the title. I will leave a comment on your story so you know I've read it. 

- There are two prize categories: Overall Best Short Story and Best Protagonist. For the first one, first place will receive a follow, 3 likes and 3 reviews of their choice, second place will receive a follow, 2 likes and 2 reviews of their choice, and third place will receive 1 like and 1 review of their choice. For the Best Protagonist category, first place will receive a follow, 3 likes and 2 reviews of their choice, second place will receive a follow, 2 likes and 1 review of their choice, and third place will receive 2 likes of their choice. If you win a follow but I am already following you, you can exchange it for 2 extra likes or an extra review (comment which you would like). If you win any place in both categories, your prizes are added together. For example, if you come first in both categories (congrats if that happens!), you will receive a follow, 6 likes and 5 reviews. If you have not published the number of pieces you're getting reviews and/or likes for, we'll discuss an alternative prize.

- One entry per person please!

- Have fun! :)

The prizes make it seem like I'm expecting more than six entries, but honestly, I'd be happy with one! Thanks a lot if you do choose to participate. Any extra details you need clarification on, just ask. 

• amohn04

I realized that I made a really weird mistake. Here's the edited version:

• amohn04

Here's my entry!

• Charisse Marison

alright i'm done! you can find it at https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/129770/version/249521

• amohn04

This sounds like a lot of fun! I will definitely work on an entry.

• aceoftriangles

Charisse Marison, I will definitely enter your contest! And yes, mermaids count as non-human. I'll be looking forward to reading your mermaid story :)

• Charisse Marison

also, can u enter my contest? it would mean a lot to me

• Charisse Marison

this sounds fun! do mermaids count as not human? just wondering...…...LOL