Screen shot 2016 05 01 at 3.43.14 pm

Grace Ow

Since I was young, I was a voracious reader and had a deep love of words and the way they could be used to convey meaning. I hope that my words and my stories would have a positive impact on others.

Every face that we see in a crowd has a story behind it. I am trying my best to listen, tell and share all the stories that I can.

Honeymoon

PROMPT: Imagine This

0
Imagine this. It is noon when my mother and father step off the plane for their honeymoon, with tired but laughing eyes. They sleep in a bed and breakfast where the heater is not running, such that the water freezes their limbs every time they take a shower. In those days, they now tell me, laughing, we didn't have any money. We just booked a plane ticket and packed our bags. 

Not that it mattered.

London is a buzzing metropolis and a sight to behold for most, but to them it is something more. Every street is their playground, and every park bench is a place where they can eat their cold, hard sandwiches in the winter. In the afternoons, they would spend all their money at West End, sitting in a theatre watching matinées. Sometimes, my father will be about to fall asleep, when my mother wakes him up. They sneak out of the theatre, walking on the streets already imprinted with so many of their footsteps, in search of a new adventure. 

1