CierraIsJustAName

Hi! I'm Cierra, also known as Cece. I love writing but I am struggling to find time to finish all of my pieces. The real question is if anyone will even like my pieces enough to remember them...

This is a story of awareness. I want people to know the deep truths of some people. I want my readers to please give me honest reviews so I can know how to improve my writing.

DID It Ever Occur To You...

0
    I was scared. I knew it was still my time, but E wanted to come out. Kamila was sitting in her local library, studying with her friends for a calculus test. She was like every other normal teenager. Her parents were divorced, but she visited her dad every weekend. She had a small friend group. She had decent grades in every subject. There was nothing unusual about Kamila. What was unusual was the two other girls sharing her body.

Her friends started to notice that she was looking tense. They offered to take her home, but she denied their offers. She did not want them to meet E. She had dedicated a schedule for E and M to come out every so often, so she wouldn't be thrown off course with sudden changes. Sometimes, though, she wasn't strong enough to keep them in order.

Kamila has DID. DID stands for Dissociative Identity Disorder. It is a little bit like Schizophrenia. One person feels like there is multiple people in their one body, with many strong personalities different from one another. When Kamila was eight years old, she was diagnosed with DID after her mother brought her to a doctor for random bursts of aggressive behavior. Kamila has two other personalities besides herself, so she decided to name them. The first one is E.

E is extremely aggressive. She doesn't like going to school and often ditches during class times, feeling that for some reason everyone is judging her. She is rude and sarcastic to her friends, and often spends time alone. She yells at her parents randomly, and closes herself off from the world. The second one is M.

M is more like the original Kamila. Still, with many differences. Kamila holds in most of her emotions, but when M comes around, all those bottled-up feelings explode. M is an emotional wreck, having mental breakdowns for the tiniest of things. M has this over-whelming paranoia that everyone judges her for everything she does. She is extremely sweet and clingy when she has nothing to feel sad about, which rarely happens.

Kamila has lived her life trying to control M and E from ruining her life. People whisper about her at school. Teachers give her dirty looks. Her friends struggle to keep up with her emotions. It is hard for Kamila to keep them in control. She knows she will never just be Kamila. She will always be Kamila and ME. She will always be talked about for having strange personality switches. One moment she can be talking with a friend, the next she will yell at them and storm out of the room.

Kamila leaves the library before her friends can follow her.

Many people out there are like Kamila. They try to hide their other personalities from the people around them. You may know someone who hates you one moment then loves you the next. You may have a hard-working colleague that all of a sudden becomes lazy as a couch. You may live throughout your years and look back at those people and think what weirdos they were, and never know the suffering and confusion they were feeling inside.

SO, if you ever complain that one of your friends is like an on-off switch, did it ever occur to you that they might have DID?

Dissociative Identity Disorder, DID, has affected many people, but is very poorly known. I don't know much about DID, and have only heard stories about it, so I am very unfamiliar with it. I have done research on a specific person who has DID, so I can have more accuracy on this short story. So, I want to ask my viewers this. DID it ever occur to you...