rainandsonder

"the audience is only safe when the story isn't about them."

they/them - probably listening to sufjan stevens

an important piece by outoftheblue- https://bit.ly/3dBxv5r

black lives matter & pride is over but the fight for lgbt+ rights is year round.

bio quote is from the magnus archives

concrete snowglobe

6
    2016. My teeth chattered like wind-up toys that winter; I wanted to scream at the cold that I knew, too, what it was like to be sharp and endless.
    We had drained our pool back at the beginning of October. Our backyard looked like an abandoned movie set, with its off-white pool chairs and water guns left beside them, a bin full of goggles and a can of half-empty sunscreen, and a blue kickboard slumped at the shallow end of the empty pool. 
    I sat at the edge, dangling my legs above the eight-foot pit. I think one day someone flipped us upside-down, because when I looked at the sky I saw a concrete city, slithering towards the horizon like poison slithers its way to the heart, and the ground below me was overcast brown and dirt gray like winter storm clouds. I used to think that the sky was our reflection; now I think it's the other way round.  

this was going to be a longer piece but i've been having a bit of a block lately so this is all i've managed to put out. partly based off of reality, mostly fictional. 

• HeyThereRose

hey, sorry I haven't done the reviews for this month yet, been very busy with school and stuff. I'll try to get them done this week!

• ajamwal

love the piece, thanks for the songs ;p miss reading your work

• r|A|i|N

ok this is beautiful - the first paragraph in particular had me rereading like three times.

don't worry, writer's blocks always pass. i'm always happy to read your work, no matter how short it is. and your imagery is breathtaking as always; this is definitely taking a place in my september highlights.

• Kess

This is great! I had such a clear picture in my head while reading this. Great job

• jaii

i adore that last line. beautiful writing, as always