rainandsonder

pfp from the album “castaways and cutouts” by the decemberists.

"i wish the world was flat like the old days/then i could travel just by folding a map," - death cab for cutie

lowercase is intentional.

concrete snowglobe

6
    2016. My teeth chattered like wind-up toys that winter; I wanted to scream at the cold that I knew, too, what it was like to be sharp and endless.
    We had drained our pool back at the beginning of October. Our backyard looked like an abandoned movie set, with its off-white pool chairs and water guns left beside them, a bin full of goggles and a can of half-empty sunscreen, and a blue kickboard slumped at the shallow end of the empty pool. 
    I sat at the edge, dangling my legs above the eight-foot pit. I think one day someone flipped us upside-down, because when I looked at the sky I saw a concrete city, slithering towards the horizon like poison slithers its way to the heart, and the ground below me was overcast brown and dirt gray like winter storm clouds. I used to think that the sky was our reflection; now I think it's the other way round.  

this was going to be a longer piece but i've been having a bit of a block lately so this is all i've managed to put out. partly based off of reality, mostly fictional. 

• --RosieOnTheRun (from reality)--

hey, sorry I haven't done the reviews for this month yet, been very busy with school and stuff. I'll try to get them done this week!

• ajamwal ꒰•̹͡ິु•ິू꒱

love the piece, thanks for the songs ;p miss reading your work

• r|A|i|N

ok this is beautiful - the first paragraph in particular had me rereading like three times.

don't worry, writer's blocks always pass. i'm always happy to read your work, no matter how short it is. and your imagery is breathtaking as always; this is definitely taking a place in my september highlights.

• Kess

This is great! I had such a clear picture in my head while reading this. Great job

• weirdo

i adore that last line. beautiful writing, as always