Sunflower~

She/Her
INTP-T
enneagram: 5w6
Writer
15
Ice cream aficionado
Joined April 2019

I know that I am late, and the contest is over, but I would like some feedback on what you think, :)

Little Things

The sun withdrew its warm rays, as it vanished behind the trees; leaving the Earth in a cloak of darkness, only to be illuminated by the twinkling stars overhead. I looked up amazed, at how many stars and planets there were, and how small we are compared to the vastness of them. Next to me, a fire with bright, amber flames danced within a circle of rough, uneven rocks. A dense smoke with a thick, oaky scent was carried along by the breeze. As it swept through the trees, it exuded a soft rushing sound that seemed to quiet the night. I pulled the top of my soft fleece- lined sleeping bag over me, as my eyes slowly closed, and I drifted to sleep.

Moments like this connect us. We have all had moments like this, little memories we treasure. For you, it might be your dog running up to you, tongue hanging out, and coming up to you to to give you a slobbery kiss. It might be cooking with your Grandma, when she helped you pour spices into the dinner you were making, as it sizzled on top of the stove. Or, if you are like me, your ideal morning would be a hot cup of coffee, a good book, and fuzzy blanket. 

"Favorite People, Favorite Places,
Favorite Memories of the past ...
These are the joys of a lifetime
Those are the things that last"
- Henry Van Dyke

Henry Van Dyke understands that memories do not fade away, "Those are the things that last." Memories and stories go hand-in-hand, they won''t be forgotten. They may be twisted, stretched or weaved together, creating the tallest tale you've heard or a beautiful, cherished memory with a few extra details for good measure. These are the moments that unite all of humankind, 
the little memories we all share.

• Samina

Hey, answers are available