luluwrites111

Hi! Thanks for reading my writing! If you want to see some more, let me know!

"What greater gift than the love of a cat." --Charles Dickens
AND
"May I write words more naked than flesh." --Sappho

stress baking

Two and a quarter cups of flour and one teaspoon of baking soda poof into the air like a cloud, settling onto a fine layer of powder on my skin, my eyelashes, and my hair. Two eggs splinter and drop their golden white interior into my smaller bowl, pieces hanging onto the whole by a thin membrane. The vanilla follows, resting in circles among the yellow. I chop chocolate and sigh, as the subtle but powerful scent of cacao permeates my fingertips.

The butter whips perfectly--too cold and it will lump, too hot and it will melt. A mountain of sugar, exactly three quarters of a cup of each kind, sits on top of the mixture, ready to be whisked in. The eggs and vanilla join it, followed by the soft flop of the flour mixture going into the bowl. The sultry smell of vanilla dances just under my nose as I sweep the last of the chopped chocolate chunks into the dough, and knead it to my heart's content. 

I spread a piece of wax paper onto the sheet, overflowing just a bit. The mechanical crackle and release of the ice cream scooper is immensely satisfying, as each almost dome of golden cookie dough plops onto the paper. 

Now here's where the magic happens. 

Exactly fourteen and a half minutes in the oven at three fifty. One batch makes thirteen cookies. 

• Nate4

i like the ingredients u use

• Donnie Montano

The immaculate telling of imagery provides a warm feeling in my soul and leaves me wanting more. Your story had so many descriptive elements that I could see, taste, and feel your baking process. I don't have any complaints to give nor any real critiques all I can say is that I hope you continue using imagery and continue writing in general!

• Brooke A.

The use of imagery and the specific diction really makes this story strong. I like the way your story doesn´t mention stress, yet your title does, which made it very relatable and even more meaningful.

• Patrick Lopez Jr

The imagery that is being provided is so gratifying and pleasurable to see in such a piece of work. Details exceed expectations, and conclude into a very good and enticing story that brings joy and maybe even made my mouth water a bit. Great job!