Astronaut 26475 1440x900

Claw

One of the five chosen men of CW&R of the leader Ms. Sahly. Get ready to have your head ideas blown away.

18

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

0
    It seems like it was just yesterday, sitting in a classroom full of other 6th graders waiting for the bell to ring. Im at a point in my life that has always been a symbol of freedom. At 18 there are more opportunities for me now then when I was much younger. At 12 I imagined being 18, seeing how much I would change and mature throughout the years. When 14 years came around I imagined my graduation only being 4 short years away. I would imagine the years slowly passing me by as freshman, sophomore, and junior year comes along. At the age of 16 I was restless to finally be able to drive and gradually expand my world. I thought of 18 being 2 years away and would reflect on the years that went by. Now at 18 I realize that the freedom I so dreamed of is not all its cracked up to be. The idea of being thrust into the real world is gloomy, but knowing I'm not the only one being thrown into the meat grinder gives my mind rest. I can now only enjoy the present and the years to come until I hit the ripe old age of 26.

1