Peer Review by Write Sarah! (South Africa)

17

By: Hanna.Honerman7

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Hanna Honerman

17 may seem like a small number to those have already passed it, but to those who have yet to reach this age it may seem far away and old, and for myself it feels like time flew by, yet I still have an entire life ahead of me. 17 is an age of being stuck in the middle. It feels like I'm still young, but yet so close to the age where I need to make some the most important decisions of my life. Such as, where to go to college, what I want to be when I grow up, and many other things. For me I'm ready to make a lot of those decisions I want to start my career and build my future, but being stuck at 17 makes it difficult to try and work towards the future when I still have to go to high school and come home and do what my parents want.
    When I was younger everything seemed much simpler. I myself was like every other kid, I always thought about what I wanted to be and was so certain of my future, but now being at this age where I need to decide what I want to do forever it does not seem so simple. At 17 everyone expects us to take on a lot of extra responsibility, make major choices, balance a job, school, sports, and extra activities. It takes a lot of hard work and perseverance in my opinion to be able to work through all of those tasks, but once it starts to all fall into place it feels like it's time to move on and start to juggle the life of being an adult and the various different tasks involved in creating the life that has always been dreamt of. 

17 may seem like a small number for those who have already passed it.

I'd love you to tell us, the readers, which career choice you've made, and how you'll get there one day.

Love the way that you've given me a new outlook on the age I am approaching.

Thanks for the review!
X