Peer Review by Write Sarah! (South Africa)

17 years

By: TaylerHoogeveen

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Seventeen was the year of learning for me, it was the year of choices and of finding myself. I had a lot of personal experiences that helped me realize I need to let go of thoughts, friends, and things that don't serve me. I have to allow myself to be put first sometimes, because I matter too. I had to let go of friendships that I thought would last forever, and prepare to let go of friendships that I know won't last after going off to college. In regards to college, I had to commit to a school and prepare to leave my home, my town and everything that I know and that's safe to me. It was a year of preparing to let go of things, accepting things, and finding who I am as a person. I found my interests, my hobbies, my passion in life. I had to accept things that went on with friends and family in order to move forward. I let go and learned a lot, and I'm grateful for this year for teaching me that I matter, that I can survive things I think I can't, and that I can make it through. 

Where you say "I had to accept" really touched me.

I almost felt as if we were having a deep conversation. This year, I also had quite a few experiences that even made me question the thoughts of others, that made me, change myself and put myself into others shoes. That I matter too. I see so many people doing so much for others and receiving so little in return, pushed to the side once again, manipulated and misused, left, to be called on again.

Keep in contact with me, if you have whatsapp, contact me, 0620014612
Stay strong.
X