Anyar

When I'm not procrastinating, I do a lot of writing, reading, and ranting about the environment and feminism and basically everything.

The Lychee Trees

PROMPT: Imagine This

4
Imagine this: Their marriage has not been chosen by them, but they are happy anyway. 

They settle down in their own home, built on stilts for when the rainy season comes. He works for the agricultural sector of the government; she runs a store out of their front room and raises their four daughters. He teaches their family how to read and write. 

The world is changing, and when the rumors reach them, they decided to leave their homeland. The six of them are lucky; they huddle together under a tarp in the back of a truck and make it safely to the refugee camp. When asked, he decides they will go to America. 

In America, they each work multiple jobs. They have another daughter, the only one to be given an American name. They move so often that almost none of their daughters graduate from the same high school, but all five graduate valedictorian and go to college. 

He passes away before their last daughter graduates high school. They have nine grandchildren, none of whom he ever meets.

She never stops referring to him as her husband.

• AbigailSauble

I'm confused about the title. But great job!
    Keep writing!
    God bless!

• #Simone/Madame

This is a beautiful story.