loveletterstosappho

writer of stories, lover of girls

nuclear fusion

36

and she is so close i can see the clumps of mascara on individual lashes, long and thin, and i have not seen her in so long it feels a little bit like falling in love with a stranger, except maybe i have loved this stranger since the beginning of time, since the creation of the universe, since gravity and supernovas and space dust, since hydrogen and helium burning burning burning and the birth of earth's oceans, since my first breath of salty air; inhale sodium chloride, exhale into her hair--bleached blonde again, though it was once peach and before that rose gold and before that purple and before that red and before that green and i think she has gone through all the colors of the rainbow so it would be pointless to list them all and i think red is my favorite color on her because it reminds me of fire, of how easily i could burn on her skin, fire like alcohol like hydrogen and helium burning and burning and burning and i am ablaze and she is swallowing my smoke like she needs it, maybe because she does, maybe because we need each other and i set her on fire and swallow her smoke and the universe rejoices and we combust; a supernova. 
written about my best friend because i miss her a lot

• PouringOutTheSun

I come back and reread this a lot because I am absolutely enraptured by it.

• ajamwal

amahzing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where do you get these beautiful metaphors from?

• ajamwal

hello @loveletterstosappho, just wanted to let you know october wtw highlights will be up sometime tomorrow! (hosted by @Anha)

• Kahte

This is so beautiful!

• The One Who Searches for Words

I submitted a peer review for this.

september highlights have gone live!

THIS IS AMAZINGGG!! I love it so much, such a beautiful piece it is written so well!
    BTW I have submitted a peer review on this. You have done such a fantastic job!

fantastic work! i love the sort of rambling, run-on style, like a list but not; it sort of highlights everything you're trying to say here.

• WitchyKittyKat

I love this so much!! Especially the way it leads up to the ending- really great technique. Also, thank you so much for your comment on my piece. I will definitely go write it from Elle's perspective now, hope you will come check it out when it is done! :)

• Ruthh

I don’t know how I haven’t seen this piece before,,, wow, what a goddess of writing you are!!! The descriptions are so poetic and sensual it’s just wow ‘it reminds me of fire, of how easily I could burn on her skin’ is so beautiful I had to re-read it because I was like :0 !!!! Love it

• r|A|i|N

hi! thank you for expressing interest in my contest. there are only five days left to enter, so get your piece in while you still can! contest found here:

• r|A|i|N

your writing never fails to impress. this is so passionate; it feels frantic and crazed, too, in a way that heightens its sense of love and devotion. i love that you made it a run-on sentence for this reason. great work.

• guillotinequeen

This is beautiful! I adore the tone you set by making it a single sentence, and your space-themed descriptions are absolutely stunning.

woah, this was so empassioned i barely realised it was a run-on sentence. your writing is phenomenal; this is unbelievable.

• HeyThereRose

this is amazing i love it

• Ursa

Amazing as always.