Download

Victoria Martin

Nature lover
City slicker and suburban dweller
Arts school attendee
Twin
Part of the Take Action Legacy
Music and arts appreciator
Life long learner

Everyone has a story to tell,find yours.
Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

Hello, Could You Help Me Save the World?# hearmyvoice

0
I want to share something with everyone here on WTW.  I'm sure we have all heard about the inevitable hell that will become our world within the next 11-12 years. Knowing that we have heard enough about this impending doom I want to tell you that instead of ignoring or building anxiety about the state of our planet and future I implore you to change. I ask that you be a part of the global outcry from  millions of people to fight for our planet. In particular youth, who are fighting for a right to a future. I find it astonishing that despite children fighting for something everyone should have as a right to from birth, we immerse ourselves in ignorance. As a result of these actions, I'm asking that you pull your head out of the water  that drowns children such as us in apathy and incredulity that we can change.I ask that you breathe in air that is fresh,clean and pure. Air that we must fight for the right to protect and preserve. Within the week of September 20 -27 Take Climate Action week will take place,as will your chance to create necessary and imperative change. I ask that you look up a local itinerary for events,strikes and seminars that will be taking place close to you. If there are no events taking place around you, use your online platform to discuss the issues our environment faces. Write a poem,story,rant WHATEVER and post it on here. Do whatever magic social media stuff you can do to either make people aware of these issues or what you are doing during this week of climate action.
Thank you for your consideration.
Thank you for reading all of that. I would love to hear what you are planning for climate action week or what your thoughts are on the state of our environment. I will probably be talking more about this in future posts so if this type of stuff interests you, stay tuned. If you have any questions or concerns I will do my best to respond and answer them . I would also like to caution/remind that anyone  who takes part in any type of strike or event does so in a kind,respectful and non-violent manner. I would like to say some old proverb drive this point home, I don't know where it is from but the message remains.
'' Whatever you put out into the universe will come back to you tenfold."
# hearmyvoicecontest
5. Nonfiction (must be prose)—our world is dying. What can we do as young adults to save the planet? Give us stats, quotes, etc

• Victoria Martin

OK I'm sorry it 's a simple tag I should be able to get it right. Thank you for your critique,you really give some great and relevant advice. All becoming apparent to me in hindsight. Thanks (:

• BurningMidnightOil

The idea of your piece is quite intriguing. I like your take on the prompt; I had been thinking more of a persuasive essay sort of piece, but this comes close I gather. I do think that you can make your argument stronger. Some parts of it don’t make me feel like I NEED to do something (weaker arguments). Also, I think you’re missing some spaces after the commas in your piece. To be clear, the hashtag to the contest is simply #hearmyvoice. Please tag it accordingly to help me with organising entries! Best of luck:)