Applecharm11 Starhorse

Hi! I love writing about animals, fantasy and just expressing myself through words. 'A painting paints a thousand words' so why not a thousand words form a painting?

Hi! I write for hobby and for escaping troubles. I love to write as I get to 'live through' the stories I improvise on the spot. It makes me able to feel and be someone else in a world where I can change anything.I hope my words can make a difference

Forgiven

PROMPT: Everyday Magic

0
Matilda winced as the older girl slammed her into the locker. 

"Why don't you call for help, loser? Oh wait, you can't." The girl mocked, catching an encouraging glance from her posse.

Matilda didn't move, she couldn't even cry for help, she was born without a voice box and had lived a life without words. 

"Well? Want another beating? Go ahead, say not and I'll stop." Stephanie raised a fist. "Well?"

Matilda shook her head, bringing giggles from Stephanie's friends. 

The bigger girl mockingly brought a hand to her ear. "Do I hear anything? No? Okay, I guess its a yes, then."

~

"Heh, what a weakling." Stephanie smirked as she joined her group, smirking down at Matilda, whose face bore new bruises as she cowered on her hands and knees.

Slowly, Matilda got up, staring back at Stephanie.

"Got something to say, loser?" Stephanie snickered.

What she did next, startled every one of the bullies in their tracks. 

Matilda smiled, bringing her hands up to give a signal. A shimmering image fluttered in her open hands.

It read 'Forgiven'.

"W..what?" Stephanie stammered, taking a step back. "How did she..?" 

She looked around but saw no projector that could have given off the glowing image.

She looked back at the smaller girl. The image continued to shimmer, it seemed to be made out of small specks of light. The words read 'Forgiven' but the picture was a dove. It was a dove with its wings spread, an olive branch in its beak, the word floating beneath it.

"Wh.. what is this?" Stephanie laughed nervously. Martilda said nothing, but kept on smiling. "'Forgiven'? What do you mean? Are you saying you forgive me?!"

To her surprise, Matilda nodded. 

Stephanie said nothing. Slowly, she and her group turned and left, dumbfounded.

~

Days past, each time, Stephanie and her posse picked less and less on Matilda. For each time they did, she'd give a smile with her hands cupped, extended towards them, the shimmering image appearing again.

Today, Stephanie was without her group, she wanted to find out what Matilda was doing. What was she thinking?! Forgiving her? After all she did to her? No way!

"Matilda," Stephanie growled, grabbing her by the collar and pulling her towards her. "What are you playing at?"

Matilda didn't say anything.

"Why? How are you even making that thing appear?! Projector? Some illusion? And what does your thing mean anyway?! 'Forgiven'?! What the heck is that suppose to mean? What? That you forgive me?!"

Matilda nodded.

Stephanie was dumbfounded. Shaking her head from her daze, she snarled. "Enough with the jokes, what does it mean?!"

Matilda said nothing.

"Wait... you mean.. you really were forgiving me..?"

Matilda nodded.

"Why?" Stephanie's trembled. "WHY?"

Matilda smiled.

"Why would you forgive me? Someone whose hurt you so much?!"

Matilda smiled.

"You don't forgive those who hurt you! You fight back! You show them you aren't weak!"

Matilda smiled.

"My dad beats me, with his belt, sometimes a stick... but I don't forgive him! Thats not what you do when someone hurts you. When they hurt you, you hurt them, or hurt others, to show you can't be beaten... That you're strong... that.. that... "

Matilda wrapped her hands around Stephanie, in a firm hug.

"W..Wha.." Stephanie's grip on Matilda's collar losened as she stared in shock as the girl she used to beat up was giving her a hug. "What are you..?"

Matilda gently pulled away, smiling. Her hand brought up, 'Forgiven'.

Stephanie didn't say a word.

"Why? Why are you... I just don't... you should hate me... like everyone else... you... stop... stop forgiving me! Fight back!"

Matilda smiled.

"Just hit me! Hit me already! Just.. stop... I don't deserve this..! I don't deserve any kindness!"

Matilda smiled.

"Please... just hit me..." Stephanie begged. "Please..."

Matilda smiled.

A tear rolled down Stehanie's cheek as she slowly sunk to the floor. "Why? Just why? Why are you being so nice to me..?"

Matilda crouched down, patting her on the back. Stephanie looked up at her, tears in her eyes. "Why are you different?"

Matilda said nothing, embracing the sobbing bully.

And this time, Stephanie didn't object.