Big dipper

Nika

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."

This is kinda a dark, dialogue only story. I would love some reviews if you have time! Thanks!

The Cherry Trees

PROMPT: All Talk

1
"...I didn't know."
​"I think you owe me some honesty at this point."
"What can I say? I didn't know that things would turn out this way. It's unfortunate, but is it really the end of the world?"
"..​."
"What? Say what you want, I don't care."
“I know you don’t. After what you’ve done.”
“I am not sure what you mean by that.”
“Your denial sickens me. You know what you’ve done. Look around you. Do you see the flames reaching up to grab at the branches of the cherry trees? Can you smell the smoke as it consumes the city? Do you still hear the screams echo in your ears?”
“I do believe that you are out of line.”
“You can’t kill me, and you can’t destroy me. I’m the one thing you can’t break without killing yourself.”
“I suppose, but have no fear. I’ll learn to block you out.”
“Your conscience? Ha.”
“You are weak. You could never prevent what has been done. It was meant to be.”
“Destroying your home, your friends, your family? Because of what...being caught for murder?”
“Ah, yes. You think I was trying to escape my fate? That man was nothing. Only a thief. A theif of my sanity. He deserved everything that happened to him. But look around yourself. This is what I live for. Victory.”
“I wish I could have steered you down the right path, but it’s too late for you now.”
“What is that sound…”
“The boots of the police coming to take you away, crunching across the ashes of the cherry trees.”
“You knew that I would become this way, yes?”
“From the day we were created.”
“Then I suppose it’s time to end the show.”
“Please do.”
“I’ll be honest with you one last time.”
“...”
“We will never die, you know.”

• ImpossibleGirlo1

WHAT KIND OF ENDING IS THAT?! WHY WON'T THEY DIE? MORE!