PouringOutTheSun

Ireland

“In the darkness, two shadows, reaching through the hopeless heavy dusk. Their hands meet, and light spills in a flood, like a hundred golden urns pouring out the sun.” -Madeline Miller, “The Song Of Achilles.”

loveletterstosappho caught a spelling mistake that I definitely should have so I’m republishing. Thank you sappho! Also, thank you for your lovely comment :,))

You’re Kind of Small Compared to Everything Else

8
There’s summation of things that I find wonderful and electric and it’s always been the idea of heroes shrouded in glory and god touched hands tracing the landscape.

It’s always going to be bigger than myself and I think that’s why if I try to write about some normalcy, someone swimming in a lake with a friend, someone planting flowers, it devolves into talk of the stars, of reincarnation and different shades of gold.

Maybe it’s just that I am suffocated by how small I am and how utterly massive the whole universe is and I can breathe again when I try to scrabble at the palms of divinity.

I’m surprised I haven’t completely locked myself inside my own head yet.

• August 25, 2019 - 2:05pm (Now Viewing)

• weirdo

amazing written. this is so true for so many writers out there

• IwillWRITE!13

It is a little hard to understand sometimes, but that adds to it, and I get the message. It's an awesome piece! :)

• loveletterstosappho

:)