ajamwal

Are you reading my bio again?!

aesthetic doodles sprawled all over the floors.

my insta (uwu): https://www.instagram.com/jam.not.jelly/
@jam.not.jelly

Comments > Likes

this is my all time favorite piece i have written on wtw, i had originally written it in second point of view. i tried to turn it into first person, but there were still mistakes left. this is the edited version, enjoy.

Birthday

PROMPT: Child Narrator

9
I wake up by the sound of my mom whispering good morning and pulling the curtains open. My eyes flutter open only to see a thin silver device's speakers vibrating, the curtains automatically drawn open. The awkwardly shaped object against my bedroom wall ejects with a tray of my favorite heart shaped poached eggs, boba tea with a silver, twisted, metal straw, and avocado toast, but only my favorite when mom serves it. A sleek robot ties my hair up with my favorite rose gold scrunchie, its cold metal fingers brush against my scalp as I shiver, remembering mom's warm fingers as she gifted me my first scrunchie. I pull on a soft grey high neck top against some jean shorts, as the sleek robot fastens a diamond necklace and combs my perfectly even dark hair. I slip on my backpack as I read the memo at my door.

January 17th, 3990.

Happy Birthday Alex.

I grimace at the perfectly written handwriting, longing for mom's perfect, but imperfect handwriting. As I enter the kitchen, I reach for my lunch bag and type in the temperature I want it to stay at. Before I leave, a robot plays an audio message, 

"Hey Al, I am getting a promotion today, and I couldn't drop you off don't worry the robots have got it all sorted out, have a great day sweetie." 

I sigh, and close the door, she forgot my birthday.
just a warm up after a writing break '(-O-)'

• Dmoral

You're a goddess in mundane form. Thank you so much for all your help and I'll make those edits and look into everything you suggested.

• Upsidownpenguin

aj your writing is seriously so good! i will *fight* anyone who disagrees. childish or not it is still lovely to experience. also rando fact: did you know that North Korea and Cuba are the only places you can't buy Coca-Cola??? lol google has lame facts

BTW submitted a peer review on this, such an amazing effort!

@Tushar Mandhan
    @The Great Gabs-by

I totally agree, such an imaginative piece, so unique and has a lovely flow. I am currently writing a Sci-Fi piece set in 3190 so reading this is very cool :) Amazing work as always

• The Great Gabs-by

This is such a good piece. I love how it flows and the ideas behind it. Well done!

• ajamwal

Thank you @Tushar Mandhan. man, you're a great supporter, thanks for comment and liking all the pieces i do, i really appreciate it.

• Tushar Mandhan

This is the most unique piece I read for 'child narration' prompt!