Peer Review by Sophia DuBose (United States)

When I Was Younger

By: pencils.and.paper.roses

When I was younger, I thought Love was simple, something that would just happen one day, fully formed and ready for me. 

When I was younger, I swore I’d never be one of those girls who cried into their sheets over a breakup. You know, like they show in movies right after the big fight. 

But I was wrong. Love is something that forms gradually, something that you put time and effort into before it’s really ready. 

And if I ever cry another tear in that bedroom upstairs, it will be for him. 

I loved the repetitive motif of "when I was younger" and I enjoyed watching the evolution of your impressions of love even in such a short piece.

I'd love to read a piece that further dives into your experience. Where did you first form your impressions of love? Your parents? Movies? Once you got older, how did you start redefining your impressions of love? Maybe you could even describe 'that bedroom upstairs'.

Wow, wow, wow! I love this piece! It's simple, short, and full of wisdom beyond your years. Your writing is straight forward, without much flowering, and yet it is immersive. I hope you keep writing your stories, I hope you keep inviting readers to watch you grow.