miajoyy

Child of God
Big sister
Pianist
Artist
Candor
Athenian
Ravenclaw
Cheerleader
Basketball.. er?

'Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.' 1 Timothy 4:12

'Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.' -Albus Dumbledore

I think I'm going to write mostly poetry on here. It's not my strong suit, but I enjoy it so :)

Fire Born

"Alexis, are you sure there isn't a light switch or something down here?" Jaxon complains for the hundredth time. I proceed to brush cobwebs from my face before answering.
   "This cave is like 200 years old. There isn't going to be any decent lighting in the place!" But the dark is getting to me too. When another creepy shadow passes over the walls, I grab Jaxon's hand. Now I'm grateful for the darkness, because Jaxon can't see me blushing.
    I let go of his clammy hand and do what I usually do in these circumstances. I conjure a flame on the tip of my finger. Suddenly, Jaxon jumps away from me.
   "What? Did you see something?" I ask, panicked. Jaxon just stares at my flaming fingertip, dumbfounded.
   "H-how are you doing that?" He stammers. I glance at my finger.
   "Can't you do it too?" I've always been able to form flames at will; I assumed everyone could.
   "Alexis, you know not everyone is born able to conjure fire right?"
the prologue to a new story I have in mind