omicron7889

Hong Kong

Always sleep-deprived
Craving spicy barbecue chips
I like rhymes and pizza
Boomshakalakah

Also I hope you're having a good day :)

I am very conscious of this crude draft but please tell me what you think! I wish you, dear reader, a splendid rest of day. :)

Twenty Seconds to Last a Lifetime

Oliver Smith, an accomplished astronomer, wished of making an earth-shattering find. One day, by echoing sound waves into the voids of the universe, he received a reply.
    “Homo sapien. You’ve induced illegal contact.”
    Oliver almost peed himself.
    “Nevertheless, we aren’t ungenerous. You have ten seconds.”
    “For what?” Oliver trembled before his discovery.
    “Vocalising whatever you want. Your words will be recalled eternally by your species.”
    Oliver mused, the importance of the task crushing him. He decided to go with the strongest thought on his mind. 
    Aware that these were his final words, Oliver Smith opened his mouth, and spoke.
If you had ten seconds to say something that would stay stuck in everybody's minds forever, what would you say?

Also writing short short short stories isn't my strongest suit so any comment would help me massively.

• omicron7889

Hm yes I see what you mean. I'll try and tweak that around. Thanks!

(also what he spoke was for you to imagine hehehehe)

• nezi_nes

Also I found the time gap between the first and second sentence abrupt. Maybe add another lead-in to the second sentence?

• nezi_nes

WHAT DID HE SPEAK

• Cornflower Burst

This is cool. I've always wondered if there was life other than our own, but I never imagined that they might give us ten seconds to speak then destroy us. It makes sense, though. We'd probably do the same.

Also, anyone that reads this, I would appreciate it if you could review my most recent piece.