SherlockRlz

Fandoms: Sherlock Holmes; The Hobbit; Marvel
I am: ENFP-T; Christian; a pianist; a huuuuge nerd; addicted to sugar
Fave Actors: Jodie Whittaker; Richard Armitage
Also, plz check out: @ajamwal; @mazerunnergirl; @weirdo; @AJ - Izzy + @wicked!

Once again, thank you for reading and I would love a peer review. Writing Holmesian pastiches really helps me express my love for the Great Detective, so I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Also as much as I really want (and need) a review for this piece, if you only have compliments and no constructive criticism, please give it to me in the comments section. I LOVE hearing your compliments about my piece but I need reviews for improving my piece. I am not in the least afraid of harsh criticism so PLEASE don't be afraid to fault anything at all in any of my pieces. Thankyou!

A Study in Pipes - A Sherlock Holmes Pastiche

7
I have a memory of one evening when Holmes and I were resting in our lodgings at Baker Street, Holmes sitting Turk fashion in his favourite armchair in his mouse-coloured dressing gown, fingertips touching to form a peak as sharp as his mind. I was lounging as usual in the other. The former had recently puzzled out an awkward little enigma which I cannot as yet share with the public, but his mind was inactive for want of a case, and was relying on his 7 per cent solution of cocaine (albeit much to my disapproval). 

For the sole purpose of stimulating his brain (and to stop his hand which was, at the time, reaching towards the cocaine jar) and to interest mine, in an endeavour to fool him I discreetly reached for my new pipe which I had only purchased a half of a week ago and handed it to him, requesting him to “observe and deduce” whatever he could from it, claiming I had found it. 

His eyes lit up as they sometimes did when he discovered one of those essential “locked room mysteries” of his and he informed me that he “should be delighted, my dear fellow”. 

He studied my pipe with the most analytical perceptiveness one could possibly imagine. After a short space of time, he set down my pipe on the table and grasped the bottle of cocaine in its place. I looked at him with a cold eye, virtually bellowing at him to elaborate. However, as his powers of observation could be selective when he desired, he ignored me completely. 

“Holmes!” I cried with frustration. “Where is your head? My lesser intelligence is appealing to your more sophisticated individual!” 

That said individual looked my way, unconscious to any form of sarcasm. 

“Watson, if that was intended to be a trial, you had may as well have handed me a shoe with filth upon it and inquired of me whether or not you had been hiking through mud!” he responded with an exasperating certainness that none other than the great detective himself could amass. “Elementary!” 

“Really Holmes, if it were that straightforward, disclose to me everything about the possessor of this pipe.” 
“Well, then, if you insist on being told the substance of a matter of the utmost simplicity. The owner of this pipe - he is loyal and honest. However, these good qualities are overridden by the fact that he is of little intelligence, frequently twists the truth and is careless. Furthermore, he is lazy, fussy, controlling and stubborn.” 

I gaped at him with mock astonishment, though successfully (I believe) disguising my offended side. “Surely, my dear fellow, you cannot have assumed all this from the pipe!” 

“Not at all, dear fellow. I, myself, witnessed you purchasing it.” 

- John H. Watson
Thankyou so much for reading my work! More Sherlockian pastiches to come! I love having my work critiqued and reviewed, so a peer review would me incredible. Thanks again!

1

• SherlockRlz

thank you!

• r|A|i|N

i love the distinct writing style here. great work!

• SherlockRlz

cool!

• ajamwal

I haven't finished y e t, but so far so good!!

• SherlockRlz

Aww no probs. Virtual hugs back to you!

• SherlockRlz

BTW What do you think of the books?

• ajamwal

Also thank you for featuring me in your bio, virtual hugs!!!!

• SherlockRlz

Haha yeah it should

• ajamwal

Very well written, I am starting to read sherlock now that I am active again sherlockrlz, lol #lonelypotato, that should be a thing!!

• SherlockRlz

@Tushar Mandhan YES that's the style I was going for THANKYOU!

• Tushar Mandhan

You picked up Arthur Sir's writing style well.

• SherlockRlz

And now I'm gonna be a lonely potato and like my own work ;-D

• SherlockRlz

Thanks!

• Wicked!

This is really good, and amazingly well-written! I especially loved the 'sharp' simile in the first sentence.