Buenos aires bookstore theatre el ateneo grand splendid 2

jeily

Hong Kong

dreaming about writing 25/7
actually writing 3/7

This is my first time entering a Write The World competition so I'm pretty new to what typical entries would be like. Any tips, edits or constructive criticism is very welcomed! Thank you!

The Mother-To-Be

How tender, a moment can be. It is a waltz; they merrily dance together in pure bliss and all smiles. They break apart, and stare into the other’s eyes.
    Snap!
    He knows what’s coming, but she is too quick. Her grasp stretches and he is caught, before he isn’t. His headless body falls as she crunches. His skull is brittle in her jaw.
    She trots away, a belly full of him, a womb full of eggs. She knows, Nature –not history this time– will repeat itself. Perhaps next time, it will be her son’s head in another woman’s belly.
Would like to clarify, this flash fiction piece is about praying mantises and how the female can bite the male's head off from mating. Please don't mistake this piece to be about anything else! Thank you!

• pencils.and.paper.roses

That reaaaally creeped me out for about two minutes XD XD it’s really well written though! Your subject matter is also really interesting.