I'm sure a lot of you have noticed that the quality and quantity of reviews on this site is decreasing every day, and this is bad news for the community. Feedback is crucial to writing; it helps authors know their strengths and improve upon their weaknesses. Without feedback, we feel less like we're telling a story, and more like we're shouting into the void.
This club was made to remedy that.
Most of you probably know the works by now, but just in case:
This is a club where members will be randomly paired up each month. These writer pairs will have to review a set amount of their partner's works.
Rules and other things you need to know:
1. To become a member, you must follow this profile.
2. Members will have to review 2 of their partner's pieces each month.
3. These reviews will have to be adequately detailed, with highlights, comments, and praise and criticism given where it's due.
4. If your reviews aren't helpful, as judged by both the receiver and the club, then you'll have to submit more.
5. If you feel like the reviews you have received aren't detailed enough, you may comment on one of our pieces saying so, and we'll look it over and decide whether you receive a new review or not. Please don't hesitate in doing so, all members including you must receive quality reviews.
6. We will be doing random checks on the reviews you've submitted, to make sure they're up to standard.
7. The pairs will be announced maybe a week before the new month starts.
8. If you're too busy to review one month, please let us know in advance, so we can take you off that month's lists.
I'll be starting the assignments in September. Until then, I'll be republishing this a lot so we can get as many members as possible, so I'm sorry in advance if this piece keeps clogging up your feed.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments.