aryelee

19 and boppin

fantasy horror heck yeah

don't worry kid, you won't last long now

I can hear my grandmother's ghost singing at night.

It's always when I can't sleep, shivering under the covers and thinking, 'It could have been me.' The understanding of my survival burrows deep into my bones, an ache that will never leave me. If I listen past the weak voice of my grandmother, that horrid sound breaks through: the constant dripping of water on cold stone, so cold and empty and --

-- I'm trapped again, fighting against the current, I'm not the true sacrifice, please! --

My grandmother's ghost keeps singing. I pretend to sleep for another night.

i read a lot of horror recently so here ya go. also im gonna write one more thing for this comp about girls so im gonna need to know which would be better for me to submit

1

• r|A|i|N

how am i just reading this piece now???? i'm actually heartbroken this didn't win. so powerful & such a great display of your beautiful writing. really sad you're going to leave.

• jaii

your descriptions are fantastic and chilling. sad you didn’t place in the competition because this is better than the pieces that did place

oof the line "the constant dripping of water on cold stone" sent chills through my arms. this is a great entry! i can't wait to see what you write about girls. and why'd someone have to go and remind me that you're leaving soon :(((

• aryelee

@RockAnne WtW put up a post earlier this year about site graduation, and they'll email you about it more once you're almost 18. but since this site has age restrictions (13-18) once you're out of that age range, they'll delete your account. the email i got from them basically said that i should make copies of everything i posted here so i don't lose them, and i believe they said my account will be deleted once im 19 1/2. if you want to know more, you can email them and theyll answer your questions better than i can

• annaocxo

Really great piece!

• @Official_Jesus

@aryelee why does it erase your work? What if your older than 18 already? Will it keep your work then?

• aryelee

@luluwrites111 it seems so yeah. they'll send you an email about it when you're going to turn 19

• luluwrites111

does write the world really erase your writing after you turn 18?

• New York_dreamer

Love this piece! Deep emotion, beautiful conflict. great work! ;)