she’s-got-a-story

ghost town

i tried to tell about the night... and i could not tell it; as i cannot tell it now.
-hemingway

i know i’m bound to lose / when i feel the need to use why i’m full
-wallows, i’m full

elle

i’ve been around a while. the form and the quality of my writing has changed over the years, but the themes are eternal:
food and the hate of it, family and the love of it, and youth and the mystery of it.

Gravité

Martin from French IV stands like a stalactite. Why are we on the ceiling of my old bedroom? The last time I saw him or that house was sophomore year, but we're here, right-side-down and together, just left of the ceiling fan. 
"Are you St. Peter?" 
"I'm afraid of heights."
This isn't height; it's descent. I'm sure, now. Soon the room will start to melt upwards, and I will wake in sterility sans Martin. Unless those purple-curtained windows really are the Gates. 
"Martin, If I jump out, will I fall up or down?"
"Down, into the sky."

• AbigailSauble

Love the brain-twisting opposites. =)
    Keep on!

wtw judges don't know what they're talking about, this should've won >:((

• artificialaorta

uuuh noah fence but comparing this vs the winner/runner up/honorable mentions..........this should’ve won :/

"down, into the sky" how dare you be such a fantastic writer? i'm so so happy you've returned for this piece, it absolutely deserves to win. every line is a gem. i aspire to one day be able to fit as much genius into one piece as you.

• jaii

wow. i enjoyed this a bunch. a lot of power packed into a small amount of words.
    i hope you win

• PalmLeaf

This is AMAZING! Great job!

• r|A|i|N

i'm so glad you came back! i was wondering what happened to all of your old pieces - there's some stuff you've written i really miss. in my mind you're one of the older wtw legends, along with kaitlyn and some others. it's great to see someone come back for once. this is a great piece, by the way. a really interesting message.

welcome back!! your writing is stunning as always - you have a real chance of winning!

• New York_dreamer

I love that last line! So beautiful! :)

• artificialaorta

i’m pretty sure i just read the winning entry for this contest